ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Knittin' Mittens

I had one skein of Noro Kureyon -- what to do with it?

I also have several skeins (or balls, really, they were frogged from a WIP) of a mystery yarn -- some sort of Lamb's Pride type single spun yarn that is somewhere between a worsted and bulky weight, and does not felt that I decided to use in conjunction with it, since the color of this yarn matches the purple in the Kureyon.

I'm making mittens!

100_1951

Big fat cuff, super warm mittens for a winter that is only half over. I think every winter I end up making so many winter accessories. Some day I'll need to designate an entire dresser to these accessories.

But for now, I dance!

100_1958

It's mah butt, lookit mah butt, here's mah butt!

I also gave ZMrK a nice skeptical look, which translated well to the "cartoon" special effect on my Kodak software:

100_1959cartoon

Someone I went to high school with told me I looked like a cartoon character, on multiple occasions. I guess this is what she means?

I want to thank everyone for their kind comments on my last post. I'm staying away from all the political groups now; the ugliness that was around post-election day has only dissipated a little bit. Why does everyone have to have such an "us against them" mentality? I don't hate people who voted for the guy who ran against the guy I voted for. I don't even hate the guy who ran against the guy I voted for. Screw politics. Let's dance!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

Nice mittens! And the butt picture reminded me of The Producers... "Now, Ulla dance!"

I don't get the antagonism either. How is that going to make working together possible? Because a political system like ours depends on having more than one side. It's sort of the whole point.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Yay for dancing! And for super-warm mittens with a long cuff!! I swear, next by winter, I'm knitting new (& actually warm) mittens for myself!

8:44 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Dance indeed! I hate politics. Bleh.

Love the cartoon-you!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Ha ha! You're a nut! Nice mittens. I'm coming around to the way of the mitten myself.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Absolutely.

If you want to partner dance, I can lead OR follow. =^..^=

I think I need to make mittens, too. Lately I've been designing verywarmsocks. And knitting them.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice mitts! I need to make some with really long cuffs, so that I can't wear my 3/4 length sleeves!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I have that same cardigan in turquoise!

Great mittens :)

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home