ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Two!

I have two finished objects to show off today! Both have been languishing for a few months, so it felt great to finish both this week.

First, are ZMrK's socks:

100_1746

This yarn is from Spirit Trail Fiberworks, and I purchased it at least 2 years ago. I knit these socks on #3 needles, but went down to #2 for the cuffs, since ZMrK is thin. We're both quite happy with how it came out.

Second, my Dickenson Pullover!

100_1743

It's a little "roomy", but oh-so very comfy and warm. The sleeves come halfway down my hands (which I rather like in a sweater, since my hands are often cold). It's so roomy, I had to do jumping jacks in it:

100_1744

I've already cast on two more projects; I just don't have photos yet because that's boring. One is the "We Call Them Pirates" hat by Hello Yarn, and that will probably look a mess until I get more of it done. The other is the "Spring Forward" socks from the summer 2008 Knitty, which are coming along beautifully already.

Today we went to the Bazaar Bizarre in Boston. They moved to another location (their third since I've been going), but it was no less crowded than it has been before. There seemed to be a consistent line down the block -- it was there when we got there, it was there when we left. I did buy some cool stuff, including a skein of sock yarn from Woolarina. I'm so bloody tired, though -- we were only there for a couple of hours, but we were on our feet the whole time. I'm just about read for bed. Of course, that may be the cold medicine talking (yup, I'm a tad bit sick).

We also got our first snowfall today. It's just a little dusting, and it's not really sticking to the street. If this is all we get this year, I'll be happy. I'm sure we'll get more though.

Ken is doing pretty well. He "broke in" my new sweater last night when I was in the shower -- I came out to find a spot of it was pulled up, with teethmarks. He did have a bad drooling episode today, brought on by the crushed pill in his food. It must have tasted bitter. He wouldn't go back to that food dish; he was going after Ellie's food instead. Smart cat. Ellie has been going nuts entertaining herself with various "toys" -- today she found a drinking straw on the floor and was going beserk with it.

I was going through my flickr set of FOs for this year, and only came up with 10 there. I think there are at least two more that I either didn't photograph yet, or didn't put in that set. I'm thinking I'm up to 12-15 FOs. I don't know what the most I've done in one year is, but this year is probably it. Even with my period of losing my mojo, I still managed to be a fairly productive crafter.

Well, now that I'm practically nodding off at the computer, I think I had better get going.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

Great blue socks, and the sweater is awesome! I love long sleeves too, for the same reason. Also, I think they make hands look more elegant. But maybe that's just me.

Glad Ken is chasing straws. Have you tried some of those pill pockets? Will he eat those? I know Merlin just swallows his treats whole. If we hid a pill in one of them, he'd never know.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Beautiful sweater! It came out so nicely. I absolutely love the cables. And roomy is good - you'll have no problems layering.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Impressive FOs--man socks and Dickinson! It does look so comfy. I love my sleeves a little longer too.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Oh, wow - Dickinson came out beautiful!!! I love long sleeves like that, too.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

Socks beautiful, check! Lucky ZmrK.
The sweater came out great, you're just as cute as can be in it. (I love the way you pose for photos.)

Impressive music collection! Wow

11:20 AM  
Blogger Mike H said...

Ken is a dedicated pill pocket user. I was trying something different and I learned from my mistake.

Ellie is the straw chaser... and the pen chaser... and the pencap chaser... and the ping pong ball chaser... and...

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the sweater and socks... I've had that sweater pattern queued for a while but other things keep barging in front of it.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home