ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Marathon Knitting

I'm usually not one to do "marathon knitting". I try hard to not give myself deadlines, and try to not knit nonstop for hours. Today was different though.

100_1569

See, I had decided that I wanted my Dickenson Pullover done by Thanksgiving. That's all well and good, but not when some nights I only knit one or two rows, and most nights less than ten. That will not do at all.

Today I knit the entire sleeve cap, and bound it off. I feel a little stiff now, in my back and my hands especially. My body doesn't want me to cast on for the other sleeve right now, but considering how long it took me to knit the first one, I should get cracking. Finishing the second sleeve isn't the end, and I'm not at a week and a half until Thanksgiving.

100_1570

I kinda hate when I give myself what sounds like a reasonable deadline and then don't make it. I started this sweater around September 2. Sure, my sweater knitting time does average around 2.5 months, and this is a cabled sweater and thus a first for me, but I don't think that deadline was unreasonable. Either the second sleeve will fly, my fingers will fall off, or I'll finish right before I fall asleep after my Thanksgiving dinner.

I caught Ken in the act of violating my pajama pants the other night:

100_1502

He tends to move around in a circle when he does this, twisting the object of his lust in the process. When he was finished, my pants looked like a spotted loaf of Challah bread:

challahpants

I like how he sits there looking sheepish while the evidence lays behind him (and Ellie looks disgusted with the whole thing):

100_1512

Speaking of Miss Ellie, she's been looking really photogenic lately:

100_1514

100_1528

This photo really tugged on my heartstrings because she reminds me of Solvie in it:

100_1534

Ken, of course, knows he is handsome:

100_1501

I really should not spend every Saturday indoors, all day. Granted, I didn't do that last weekend, but I did that often last winter. I did that today, in fact, but at least I got dressed. It was really shitty and rainy out today, and I think we even had some hail. It sure sounded like it. It's not a habit I should get into, you know: sitting on the couch all Saturday, drinking tea and eating banana bread, especially when one considers how tight the corduroys I wore today feel. Maybe once this sweater is done, I won't have any more deadlines and can take my time knitting something.

Before I publish, I want to thank everyone for the comments and compliments on my hair. Nobody at work has noticed yet -- can you believe that? The color I use (and this is for Bezzie) is Loreal Couleur Experte in 6.4 "Ginger Twist". It has all over color and "harmonizing highlights" that you can apply afterwards. I tried to make a really dramatic highlight in the front but it didn't come out so dramatic. Damn subtle highlights. Oh, and Bezzie -- my natural haircolor isn't as dark you think it is. It's rather a medium brown. The dark hair I was sportin' for a couple of years was also hair dye. I was using a deposit-only color that was supposed to be close to my own color, but came out really dark. The last time I used it, it was damn near black.

See, this:

IMG_7987

Not natural. And really, not too attractive at that point. Ugh. Way too dark for my complexion.

I can't even find a picture of me in between hair colors. Shit, I know I was trying to grow out my natural color about a year ago, so you could totally see my roots and my greys, but damned if I can find the photo. My photostream on Flickr contains almost 4,000 photos, and I have tried to keep them organized. In a few spots, I've failed.

Okay, I've got to flounce off to dinner and a viewing of "Mother of Tears". Ta ta!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

They were leopard print pajama's after all. Snicker......

10:53 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

That picture of the sweater sleeve and Ken is further proof of my dark-cat/light-clothes and light cat/dark clothes theory! They're attracted to anything that makes their shedded fur stand out more!

And be thankful you weren't WEARING your pj pants. I wake up in the middle of the night all the time to Springs violating me in bed.

Thanks for the color #--I still have hope as my hair is medium brown to dark brown. The henna just isn't cutting it!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Your deadline reminds me that I told myself I'd finish my Feb Lady Sweater by Thanksgiving. I have some serious marathon knitting to do between now and then.

Your cats crack me up. What a naughty boy you have.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

Mmmmmmm....snarfle....mmmm...delicious leopard pants! arrrrgufffff.

What pants? I never saw any pants. I've never gone near your pants. I have no idea what you are talking about. When is dinner?

It was sunny and warm here (when isn't it? I could go for some cold rain or even snow,) and we stayed in all
day as Mr. Mag sprained his ankle black on Friday. We usually work all week-end long and we blissfully did not one damn thing.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sleeve looks great, I can't wait to see the whole sweater.

Cute kitties ;)

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home