ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, October 11, 2008

WIPs and Swap Loot

I've got a couple of WIPs for you!

First off, the progress on my Dickinson Pullover:

100_0923

This is the back. This is what is left from the 800+ yard "egg" of yarn:

100_0924

I didn't want to start the front with what is left, and have to weave in more ends when that runs out, so I started the front with a new skein of yarn. It's slower going. I need to start working more on that, since I'm hoping to be done by Thanksgiving. It seemed like a reasonable goal when I announced it to ZMrK a week ago, but now that another week has passed and I've done two whole rows since then, I'm beginning to wonder. I should be able to get some work done on it this week.

I also finished a sock for ZMrK, which is a "subway knitting" project.

100_0974

The yarn is from Spirit Trail Fiberworks, and I purchased it at my first Sheep and Wool Festival ever, the NH Sheep and Wool in 2006. The yarn is amazing. It's superwash merino, so it's very soft, and should be warm on my honey's feet. I did these toe-up, because I wasn't sure how long I should have made the cuff without running out of yarn. It turns out that I didn't have much to worry about. I should have plenty of yarn left over for when I have to mend these. Admit it, it happens to you, too. Socks get holes in them.

I took part in a swap on the Rubberneckers forum on Ravelry. Have you seen that forum? If not, I'll explain: have you ever come across a thread on Ravelry that just turns into ugly drama, really fast? And you read it, bottom jaw on the keyboard, and you feel kinda dirty afterwards but kinda want to read another ugly drama thread? The Rubberneckers board brings the drama to you! The threads about the drama threads always end up 3-5x longer than the drama threads themselves, because they get threadjacked by things like sharks, boobs, bats, kids, etc. Sometimes threads just get filled with pictures of LOLCats. This one today in particular made me gaffaw:

cat
more animals

Alright then. So, here is the loot I got in a swap I did with a Ravelry Rubbernecker named Cajunbatchick:

100_0966

Noro Silk Garden Sock Yarn, which I have been wanting to try. Enchanted Knoll Farm fiber, which is gorgeous. Local (La.) food and coffee. A hand-knit "tragically cherry" crawfish that the cats had best keep their claws out of. The stuff is all awesome. I've had some of the gum (pomengranate flavored! It's quite tart at first but then tastes really good), but was too full to sample any of the food yet. I may have a cup of tea in a little while though.

I am also taking part in a Halloween-themed Secret Pal swap on the Knittyboard. I'm hoping some of the stuff I ordered for my pal comes quickly, because she is out of the U.S. and I'll need to ship this week. Oddly enough, I believe my upstream pal (the person spoiling me) is in the same country as she. I love doing swaps and secret pals, but I always get performance anxiety and worry that my downstream won't like the stuff I give. I wonder if anyone else feels that way? It's usually not someone you know in real life, so you're not sure of her tastes, or what she already has, but you do your best to ask questions and get a clue. Then hope you give a good gift. It's fun when they get their stuff and love it, though.

This morning, I stepped on Ellie's tail and she screamed! Then she hid under the couch. I felt so bad. We went out for a few hours, and when we came home both kitties were looking for food. I gave them a treat and I think I'm forgiven. I have to be careful of that, though. I usually don't wear shoes in the house so it doesn't happen too often -- this was the first time, in fact. ZMrK stepped on Ken's tail, once, but he didn't scream so loudly. Of course, the cats are still underfoot.

Maybe this time, when I say I'll blog more often, I will. I have bloggable moments, and write posts in my head, but they never get up on the blog before I forget them. Pshaw. I need to carry a notebook with me.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

The pullover looks fantastic so far!

8:20 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I love that lolcat. It looks like something Calvin would do.

Great swap loot! Catjunbatchick seems like she'd be a good swap partner. =)

8:52 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Mmmm! Those spicy potato chips look good!!! And of course so does the yarn and fiber! :-)

And am I the only one that finds furry cat balls quite hilarious?

10:03 AM  
Blogger 3goodrats said...

The Dickinson pullover is looking fantastic! I can't wait to see it finished.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Gorgeous...I love that pullover.

And Zanti, I am STILL working on the stole for my mother. I can't even remember when I started the thing.

But yesterday I knitted 4 whole rows (and that was the first knitting I've done in...um. A Long Time.).

You're doing really well. =^..^=

12:20 PM  
Blogger Mike H said...

Hey hey hey- see y'all in Rhinebeck!

ZMrK

5:52 PM  
Blogger Mag said...

It's going to be a beautiful sweater.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home