ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Storytime!!!!

I promised you stories, so here's one. Sit back, open a beer, and read on. . .

I had a friend in New Orleans that I will call G. G was a tall, kinda lanky kid of about 22 who usually wore his hair parted and slicked back, and looked like a young Robert Mitchum. He also had this reeaaalllllllly sllllllllllllow Southern draaaaaawlllll and held his head to one side most of the time when he spoke. I had no clue as to whether he was ever sober when I saw him.

One day I happened to see G and he was sporting a rather large lump on his forehead.

"What the hell happened to you?" I asked.

"Awwwww, my girrrrrlfrieeeeend hit me in the heaaaaad with a baaaaaalll peen hammerrrrrrr," was G's response.

Alarmed and intrigued at the same time, I asked, "Why in the world would she do a thing like that?"

"She saaaaaaaaaid I stuck my fingerrrrrrr up her butt. I probahbleeeeee did. I was pretty druuuuunnnnnnnk."

* * * *

Another time, G was wasted and took a header in the Verde Mart (name of a convenience store) in the French Quarter. He just passed out. His friends got him out of there, no problem, then they went back to the store to try to talk the clerk into giving them the surveillance tape so they could watch it over and over again. I'm sorry I missed that one.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

*blink* Uh huh. Interesting guy.

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha!!! Hysterical. Sounds like there was no permanent damage (er... not over and above existing damage).

So how did you enjoy the Devo show? We had so much fun! Didn't see you... perhaps you were in a different section.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

LOL! I feel old now. I don't know anyone like that anymore.

Are you too young to remember Billy Ruane of Boston's altrock scene 1985 to ???? I dropped out in '92 or '93.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home