Did I spell that right, yo?
I finished my Poseidon socks, well. . . about a month ago. They needed a bit of blocking, so I waited to take a photo.
Here they are!
The photo was taken on April 23, so I really should have posted these before then. I must have been too occupied with rabies scares.
These socks took me about 8 months to finish! It was a difficult pattern, for sure, and I also took a few breaks from it to make other stuff. I started one sock on plastic Pony Pearl DPNs and those were a big pain in the ass. One of them has a little split in the tip, so I was forever snagging my yarn in it. It's also really hard on the hands to do p3tog on DPNs, in my opinion. So I changed to magic loop with my KnitPicks circular, and it flew along much more quickly. I used a size 0.
I'm still working on my short sleeve hoodie. I'm up to the hood! I also need to sew up the raglan sleeves, which I was supposed to do when I started the hood, but I was without my tapestry needle and therefore couldn't. The thing looks a big mess. I can't work on it outside of the house, unless I know I'll have a place to plop my arse for a few hours. So I started swatching for another pair of socks, using the October yarn I dyed many months ago. KnitPicks Bare has an amazing amount of yardage, so I may try to do another pair of Fawkes socks, except up to the knee. I just have to accommodate my calves, which are decidedly not as slim as my ankles. Or I may do something completely different. I want to see how the colors turn out knitted before I make a final decision, since I have tried doing patterned socks in variegated yarn and it's looked like deep fried ass.
I'll be posting fiber pr0n soon too, as I have gone to two sheep and wool fests recently and made some purchases. I'm very conservative this year, however.