ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

New Spin!

I finally finished up some of the yarn I've been working on! Here it is:

IMG_9139

IMG_9138

IMG_9140

IMG_9137

I plied the Falklands yarn I purchased from Spunky Eclectic (colorway Atomic Melon) with some spring green merino I purchased from Mind's Eye Yarns together. The plying really softened up the vividness of the atomic melon, and both yarns together are really soft. You can really see the fuzziness of it here:

IMG_9095

I still need to spin up another bobbin of the merino before I can ply the rest. It was too hard to go back to spinning singles after 2+ hours of plying, and I haven't had a chance to spin much this week.

I decided to call the colors together, "Is it Spring Yet?" I started naming my handspun yarns on my Ravelry stash.

I finished my Poseidon socks on Thursday, and have been wearing them since. I might wash and block them before I take photos, because they might look better. The cuffed edging should be shown off more than I does now. They feel awesome, and the only took about 7 months to knit. I've since cast on for a short-sleeve hoodie with ArtYarns Serenade cotton/angora mix. I haven't figured out yet if I'm allergic to the angora or not. It's pretty mindless knitting, though, which is what I need at the moment.

I think it is spring here! It was about 70 on Thursday, and it got well into the 60s for a while today. It's cooled off and clouded up a bit, but we still have the windows open for the kittehs. They love with the squirrel visits them in the tree next to the window. It makes them crazy.

Right now, I'm gearing up for some sheep and wool fests. They start soon!!!! If you're going to the CT, NH, or MA Sheep and Wool Fests, keep a lookout for me! I'll try to wear my Ravelry pin with my Rav/Knittyboard/Blogger name on it.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Alexis said...

They feel awesome, and they only took about 7 months to knit.

Hee! Only!

And the yarn is be-yoot-iful!

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Looking good Zanti!

4:36 PM  
Blogger DeltaDawn said...

Perfect name - I was thinking how lovely and spring-y it was! It looks soft and squishy and yummy.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Baashie said...

Beautiful yarn, any idea what you are going to make with it?

Looking farward to seeing your socks.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Yes, I think it's more springy than atomic fruit looking. Good job!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Sssarahevt said...

love your yarn the color kicks ass! And, it's so even! I'm still working on that...

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home