ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Sunday, March 02, 2008

3 Extremes

I have three extremes to show you today*.

The first extreme is in the extremely subdued department. It's my hand-dyed blue faced leicester, which you have seen in a couple of different forms. I finally got around to plying it:

IMG_8641

IMG_8644

IMG_8643

I find that the finished product resembles terracotta, maybe with a little bit of cactus thrown in. There's not a lot of it; maybe 65-70 yards? It may be enough for a small accessory like wrist warmers, but not enough for, say, a hat.

The second extreme is extremely colorful:

IMG_8648

Two hours later:

IMG_8653

IMG_8654

The fiber is Falkland from Spunky Eclectic, in the colorway Atomic Melon. I purchased this shortly after I got my wheel, so it would be around December 2006/January 2007.

I've noticed how far I have come in my spinning in the past month! Taking up the "Spin Every Day in February" challenge on the knittyboard really helped push me along, even if I didn't spin every day. I at least thought about spinning every day.

The other extreme is Extreme Stash Overload:

IMG_8637

I had to go looking for a specific ball of yarn, because my mom's gloves need to be repaired. You know how things are always in the last place you look? Well, I would have found it much faster had I looked in the correct place. At least I was able to go through my stash, move stuff out, and vacuum the shelves. But shit, I think my stash multiplies like bunnies while we're sleeping. I think I'm going to have to get rid of some; I've got lots of weird stuff I'll never use, like mangled muppet yarn. Does anyone want any mangled muppet yarn?

Okay, I lied. There's a four extreme. It's Extreme Cute Overload:

IMG_8639

Remember when they hated each other?




*Yes, I did rip the title of this from an Asian Horror film, geek that I am.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo for spinning. Like you, even when I didn't spin I thought about spinning. I'm going to try to keep this going all year long. I love love spinning. My stash is busting at the seams too, and spinning isn't helping it. I need another set of hands so I can knit faster, or maybe I should just quit my job, doh. Zanti, how did you get your cats to still still together, long enough to get a picture? I want to introduce my newest to the blog world, and he just runs from the camera. Oy vei.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Mmm...I love that atomic melon!!!

And what's on that novelty clock? M&Ms? We've got one very similar leftover from hubby's childhood w/Donald Duck.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bezzie... that clock is an old one from Freakies cereal, an old favorite of mine as a kid. The clock is pretty rare. It doesn't work any more bu looks swell standing there.

Check this out-
http://www.freakies.com/

One of the good things about being an oldtimer...

ZMrK

10:20 AM  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

wow, beautiful yarn pics zanti, I especially like the terracotta one. lovely.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home