ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Monday, February 18, 2008

I told ya

I told ya I would be finished with the first sock by the end of the weekend, and I finished it on Saturday:

IMG_8430

(Just check the date on the photo if you don't believe me.)

ZMrK did provide me with some sustenance while I was hard at work:

IMG_8413

And Ken provided something cute for me to model with:

IMG_8433

IMG_8435

And yes, he totally did rest his head on my foot.

IMG_8436

I'm into the 2nd repeat on the leg of the 2nd sock. This pattern FLIES. It especially flies when you're home sick for three and a half days, followed by a weekend. Don't expect the second sock to be done by the end of the week, as I do have other things to do.

Yesterday I did get out of the house, and ZMrK took me on a date to see George Romero's "Diary of the Dead", which was most awesome. I liked his last one, "Land of the Dead", but not as much as I liked "Dawn of the Dead". I put this somewhere between "Dawn" and "Day of the Dead" in terms of getting the claustrophobic feel and tension. We went to an early show (12:10), and the corridor of the theatre was nearly empty when we left, which added to the eeriness. We expected the first couple of people we saw to be zombies. 'Tis the sign of an effective movie (or an overactive imagination, you take your pick). As ZMrK remarked, "I took you on a date to see a zombie film, which is a surefire way to get in your pants".

I love that man.

I was back at work today, and I'm not the only one who was sick. There's shitloads of flu going around the office. I'm staying in my corner with my antibiotics, and I'll shoo anyone away who so much as sniffles near me. I don't want that shit after having sinusitis and bronchitis.

It's a big TV week at Chez Zanti. Tonight is the season premiere of Pussycat Dolls Present: Girlicious (whoa, what a stupid title), and Wednesday is the "cycle" premier of America's Next Top Model. What fun: I get to make snap judgments and snark on a bunch of women who will always be taller, thinner, and younger than I am! I'm going to reserve judgement on any of the girls until I see them in person, because the PCD girls are all tarted up like drag queens, and the ANTM girls just are all victim of some horrible photography. I can't believe all of those girls have such forward jutting jaws.

I haven't spun in over a week! I think I'll bookmark tomorrow as a "spin evening", so I can get some done. I'm thinking of attempting some funky thick-and-thin 2 ply, and since I have so much of a fiber stash, I have plenty to experiment with. The last batch that I plied turns out to only be about 72 yards, so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with that. I'm thinking about the concept of "art yarn", i.e., yarn that just is, and wondering if I want to go there. What do you guys think? Have you made any yarn without any intentions of knitting it into something? Yarn that is just an art project, to look at? Discuss.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne said...

So I'm not the only one who snarks at the models? There are some winey girls on that show... although I'm probably a season behind.

4:49 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Good lord what is that creamy sugary baked good?

I love the black-cat backdrop. It adds a real "awwwww cute" element to the socks while displaying how much the colors really sizzle.

10:32 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Ken is the perfect background for such a pretty sock.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home