ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Sunday, December 16, 2007

oh, yuck. . .

It may be pretty from the warmth of your living room, but the reality is it's nasty and wet and heavy as a pile of poop.

This is the view from the front porch:


IMG_7905



This is the side of the house:


IMG_7906



This is my feet in the snow when I took the above picture:


IMG_7907



On my left side, the snow touched my knee. That's a lot of snow! Even if I am short!

ZMrK's car:


IMG_7908



Luckily one of the next-door neighbors helped us out with his snow blower, otherwise we'd still be out there, possibly shoveling ourselves into cardiac arrest. We got everything clear, and now it is raining to give everything a nice Magic Shell of ice. It's going to SUCK ASS going to work tomorrow, unless it gets warm.

Whenever we drive through towns like Northhampton, MA and Rhinebeck, NY, I think,"What a beautiful place! What charming homes! It must be so nice to live here, at least for three seasons. I would live here if I could just get away with staying inside all winter!" I'm not a big fan of winter, and I never really have been. My mom has said that, even as a child, I wouldn't stay out long and would rather come back in and read.

I think Ken had the right idea while we were outside shoveling:


IMG_7909



I am so trading places with him someday.

This is my reward to myself for the shoveling I did:

IMG_7913



Hot cocoa with a candy cane, and a freshly baked molasses cookie.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

We got just as much out here in Lowell...shoveling all day. I think I'm going to have a cup of cocoa as well :)

4:30 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

I love winter, but only from the inside. The second I have to leave the house, I whine and winge and bitch like it's nobody's business. You're absolutely right, Ken has it figured out. Now, if we were all as cute as our kitties, we'd just look at them with our big eyes, and they'd do all the work for us. Ah, that's the life!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Ken's probably thinking "Suckers!"

I swear I'm coming back as a cat.

I love snow like that!

7:23 AM  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

Wow that's such proper winter weather! All we have here right now is fog and drizzle. I am taking some of the lovely yarn you sent me during SP to Spain with me to make lacey things with. Can't wait to use that Misti Alpaca!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home