ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween Meme!

I borrowed this from Old Lady Pen Pal.

Spooky! Scary! Halloweenie!

1. Do you believe in ghosts?

Yes, I do, but I haven't made up my mind if they are "ghosts" in the classic sense or just energy left behind after a living being passes.

2. Have you ever seen a ghost?

No, not that I know for sure. I question "orbs" on my photos though.

3. Have you ever experienced something that is best described by the word “paranormal”?

Yes, I have. When I was a teenager, my radio switched off by itself while I was doing my homework. The station did not go out, the switch itself on the radio switched off. I later lived in an apartment that had some negative energy in it. I would wake up to a man's laugh next to my head, and hear this disembodied whistling in my walls. The mailbox outside of that house would open and shut all night, except for when people were walking by, when it would stop. My friends thought I was crazy and/or drunk until they stayed over and had awful nightmares all night. One of my friends finally witnessed the mailbox.

I also used to hear my name yelled out when I was walking down the street, in the direction of people who were not paying any attention to me. The scariest time that happened I was walking down a tunnel that connected two train lines, and a homeless guy was coming in my direction and called my name in a raspy voice. I turned and ran back to the train station I had come from, hopped on a train that was conveniently there, and as the doors shut I saw him run into the train station.

The above examples happened when I was under 22, causing me to believe my teen angst was causing some poltergeist activitiy.

4. Do you watch any ghost or haunting themed shows?

Only if they are on PBS (I don't have cable!)

5. If so, do you sometimes sleep with the lights on or wake up your partner because the show scared you a whole lot and you can’t sleep and don’t want to be awake alone?

N/A, except we were both afraid to put out the lights after watching "The Ring" and "Ju-On"

6. Have you ever been to a supposedly haunted place? If so, did you experience anything spooky?

Yes, see #3 above. My family home is allegedly haunted -- my father, grandfather, and sister have all seen a "gray lady" in the house, and my mom has smelled perfume and had her hanging plants start swaying with no breeze around. I will NOT go into the attic of that house alone, at night, although we may go there to take pictures soon to see if we can find some orbs.

There's an animal sanctuary nearby that we went to for a Halloween Haunted Trail, and I got lots of orbs in the pictures I took in the woods. I also got orbs in one of the horse barns. I had gotten orbs in the same barn when we went there in July as well. There are a few theories as to what orbs are. Some people think they are just bits of dust or moisture that capture the light of the flash. Others think they are something supernatural. I am one of those others. I think someone (human or animal) who used to live on this farm is hanging out with those horses (or watching over them). I think the orbs in the woods are also the energies of past lives.


7. How much do you love Halloween?

I do like Halloween! I am always afraid of running out of candy and having my house egged. I always bring leftover candy to work the next day.


Ok! Take this meme! Put it on your blog! And then let me know if you did because I want to read aaaaaaaall about it!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Ok, so I kind of got distracted by that picture of ZaniMisterKnit goofing around with that little dwarf skeleton thingy. Too funny!

But I dig your ghosty encounters--teen angsty or not!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Thanks for sharing all of your experiences. I find things like this fascinating and have had some strange experiences myself. The house I grew up in had a window that would open. You would close it, and it would open again, over and over. Creepy.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

That's creepy! If my radio just randomly turned on and off, I'd get scared beyond belief.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Not doing the meme...but...nice Rhinebeck loot, and Happy Halloween!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home