ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Bee Sting!

I just got stung by a bee! On my NECK!

This is what happened, I got home, and I keep my keys, building pass, and subway/bus pass all in the same pocket of my bag. When I was taking out my keys, I noticed my subway/bus pass wasn't in the pocket, and I thought, "OH SHIT! I lost my pass!". I threw the mail and my bag into the hallway, and went to run back to the bus stop, thinking that I may have dropped it when getting off the bus.

Halfway down the street, I feel something hit the side of my neck violently, and the telltale sting. I do believe I yelled. I ran the rest of the way to the bus stop, across the street, and back up to my house holding on to my neck.

And you know what?

My subway/bus pass was in another part of my bag! Can you fucking believe it?

I just held an ice compress on my neck for about 15 minutes. I didn't see the stinger in there, and it feels less painful. I've never had an allergic reaction before, but I'll keep a close eye on it.

And ZMrK isn't home yet to tend to my wounds. :(

All that to save a T pass! Considering I pay $59 a month for a combo pass, which, if I paid on a daily basis, it would cost me $7 a day to commute . . . well, yes, it's worth it!

But still . . . owie.

I'm gonna go wind up some yarn cakes.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Is it your second (or more) sting you've had in your lifetime? Dr. MS has me all paranoid. Apparently you don't develop fatal bee sting allergies until your second sting. I've only been stung once.

At least it wasn't a vampire bee like yours though--OUCH!

7:49 PM  
Blogger 3goodrats said...

That is such a nightmare. I'm embarrassingly terrified of bees and have never been stung. I'm convinced that I'll die. Thanks, Bezzie, for imparting that wisdom - I won't die until the SECOND sting :)

11:20 PM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

I've only been stung once, too. I sat on it. It stung my butt.

Does it still hurt this morning? Sometimes taking anti-histamines helps (well, I wouldn't know personally, but the blub says it does).

9:02 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear you were stung. I've been stung plenty of times, but none since I was a kid. My FIL is a beekeeper and we are around bees all the time and they don't sting us. Hope you feel better soon!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Thursday said...

When I got stung a few years ago my mom made a paste of baking soda and water and applied it to the sting to help take the pain out.
Poor thing, I hope it feels better today. I also try to protect my charlie card with my life.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Wow, that's scary! Both my dad and my grandmother are insanely allergic to bee stings, and I know mosquitoes make me swell up. The best thing to do is to watch it closely and call 911 if it gets worse, something weird happens, or you're starting to shake/swell/pass out. Don't mess with public transportation at a time like that.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

I've also only been stung once and get particularly freaky when bees are around.

A word of advice or caution...I think this is the season that they are particularly aggressive. Because they are getting ready to die before winter comes. I HATE bees in September. *shudders*

5:04 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

Um, are you okay??

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home