ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Things You Don't See Every Day

I think I can safely say that you don't see FOs on my blog every day, so here are a couple:

Bamboo Baby Sweater from One-Skein Wonders:

IMG_7083

It's not in bamboo, however -- it's in Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece. I don't know if I feel the love for this yarn. It's splitty as hell, bleeds like a stuck pig, and it's heavy! But, I still have 1.5 skeins left over after making Hopeful, and this, so ZMrK will probably get a new hat sometime soon.

Also, my basketweave rib socks are done!

IMG_7078

Gratuitous Ken shot:

IMG_7081

I think I'll have FO #3 for August done soon, but it's a wash cloth so that's probably cheating.

Here are a few other things you don't see every day.

Whales!

IMG_7034

IMG_6999

(We went on a whale watch last Sunday -- the full set of photos is here.)

Flower Hat Jellies (at the New England Aquarium):

IMG_7045

Spotted salamanders (at Ponkapoag Pond/Blue Hills Reservation):

IMG_6978

IMG_6974

Spotted salamanders are really cool, and not terribly common to find. They're also fairly large, as sallies go. And we found this one about 10 miles from our house!

Let's close out with some yarn pr0n:

Laceweight Malabrigo in "Lettuce":

IMG_7091
IMG_7090
IMG_7092


The latest offering from Mind's Eye Yarn's sock club:

IMG_7086
IMG_7087
IMG_7088
IMG_7089

Gratuitous Ken shots:

IMG_6934
IMG_6942
IMG_6949

Ken and me holding hands:

IMG_6925

He does that -- he'll put his paw in or on my hand. So cute!

Hopefully I'll have a new FO at the end of the weekend!

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I love the picture of you laying behind Ken. I was liking the picture of the whales and then squicked when I saw the jellyfish!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

I call that hand holding squeezing their plumpers. Plumpers being cat paws of course.

Nice whale tales!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Ken is so precious!

8:56 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I must have that Mmmmmmalabrigo laceweight! It's everywhere I look now! My LYS will have it soon. I must be patient.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Great baby top! Your salamander pictures are amazing.

11:45 AM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

Ken is very handsome. I love the way he holds hands :)

3:12 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Beautiful FO's! And I think Merlin likes Ken, he keeps staring at my monitor!

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home