ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Introducing Ken!!!

IMG_6772

Ken is the latest addition to our family. He's a 6-year-old (approx.) neutered male cat. We got him at the local shelter.

Isn't he handsome?

IMG_6773
IMG_6774

He's a pretty big boy, especially compared to our petite, 6 lb. Solvie. Speaking of Solvie, she's handling it pretty well:

IMG_6775

I'm amused that you can see the glow of hatred in her eyes on the hardwood floor.

They're doing well together, really. There hasn't been a single hiss. Ken was housed in the "community room" at the shelter, and coexisted peacefully with the other cats. I think Solvie is fine, as long as he doesn't get too close to her.

He looks a LOT like my cat George (1991-2000). He also likes to open doors, like George did. Hopefully he won't have the tendency to beat up other cats, like George did. I think George only loved Zelia.

Here he is doing his best Terminator impression:

IMG_6777

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bienvenidos, Ken! He's an AWESOME cat! I'm going to knit him a cat with kitty ears!

Oh wait....

PS- Hi Solvie!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Hasta la vista, baby!

He's so cute. I love black cats, they're so elegant, even when they're a bit on the pudgy side. Congratulations on the new addition to your family, and I'm glad Solvie is handling things fairly well.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Ken!

He's such a pretty kitty! I wish I had a black cat, but of course I have Pan and Java and they're plenty at the moment. :)

7:00 PM  
Blogger Sue, aka seiding said...

What a handsome boy! I'm glad it's not WWIII at your house, maybe Solvie was looking for some feline companionship.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hiya Ken! He's cute! Love the terminator look!

8:10 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

He's gorgeous! I am cracking up over the glowy eyes, too. ;)

8:21 PM  
Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

He is beautiful, and your female cat is so pretty, they will make a nice couple in the home. Congrats!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Peri said...

Black cats rule.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's made himself at home right away! Look at that comfy kitty.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Ooo! He looks like my sweet Fatzah, may she rest in peace. I have a soft spot for black katzes.

What a cutie!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home