ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Dye Job

I made some pretty little yarn cakes:

IMG_6453

This is the Jacob Sheep Wool, 2-ply worsted weight from Stoney Acre Farm. I bought this at a tiny fiber arts festival in Sherborn, MA, last fall. It was originally a cream color.

IMG_6452

The colors I used were leftover cherry and grape Kool-Aid from the sock yarn that I had just dyed, which is shown below.

IMG_6456

Here it is! Le Sock Yarn. It's KnitPicks' Bare, and I used grape, cherry and berry blue Kool-Aid to dye it. Except I dyed it really messy and the colors got mostly blended together. I was disappointed, but now that I have seen it knit up, I like it.

See?

IMG_6457

I like the little touches of blue here and there. ZMrK loves this, but he doesn't think I should make HIM socks out of it. Feh. So it looks as though I'll just have to make myself yet another pair of socks! Does anyone know a good pattern for subtly variegated sock yarn?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Do you realize that on your swatch your stitches are twisted every other row? Maybe you are secretly 1/2 of a combination knitter!

As for patterns, I really like Dublin Bay (a free PDF if you google) and Jaywalker for variegated yarn. :)

10:02 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Love the dye job! How was that little fiber festival, worth the trip? I missed it last year...

10:21 PM  
Blogger anno said...

it's beautiful. isn't yarn like this what monkey was written for? it's going to be lovely, whatever you choose.

6:31 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I was going to say what Ariel said but there's no 1/2 way about it. You're a combination knitter who probably didn't realize it until now. All you have to do is adjust where you're entering the stitch so the stitches don't twist.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well the 1/2 was that she's not knitting through the back loop to untwist, or she's knitting through the back loop but not purling combination. Either way go check out this link if you want to learn more about your spiffy knitting. :)

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home