ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Secret Pal Spoilage

I got a secret pal package the other day!

IMG_6164

IMG_6161

IMG_6162

The fiber is Ashland Bay Colonial Wool. I'm not familiar with it, but it's very, very soft, and I hear it spins nicely. The subtle strands of color in it should look really nice. I need to figure out how to make the most of the colors.

Speaking of colors, it's a little similar to that of the cashmere I bought a few weeks ago:

IMG_6160

IMG_6159

I bought a bike today. I haven't had one since I was a little kid with training wheels, living on a steep hill. Then my sister and her friend Natalie went riding down the hill on their bikes, Natalie fell off hers and fell against a fire hydrant and broke her arm. I pussed out on riding my bike after that and never got around to getting one. Until today. It was $10 at a yard sale. It's an old red Puch in good, rideable condition (ZMrK tested it out, even though it's a little small for him). I'll let y'all know if I break my arm.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger 3goodrats said...

Lovely fiber! I want to touch it!

I too just started riding a bike again for the first time since I was about 12. It's more scary here in the city than in east nowhere Maine, that's for sure :) My bike was $5 at a yard sale, but I've been using a friend's bike until Eric can fix mine. I totally want to put a little basket on the front. Is that dorky?

9:14 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Beautiful fiber!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Beautiful fiber there! Nice cashmere yarn too! Have fun with your bike, no showing off on it now! ;)

7:05 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

The fiber is beautiful. Fell against a hydrant? That has been added to my list of things to fear.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home