ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Friday, June 08, 2007

Spinning. . .

I've been doing some spinning lately, trying to work with some of the merino/tencel ZMrK bought for me from The Sheep Shed.

IMG_5990

IMG_5991

IMG_5993

I'm still overtwisting a bit, and I'm still not always certain I know what the heck I'm doing. My plan is to spin this thin and then ply it. I don't know how to ply but I'll figure it out. Then I'll make myself some socks.

I'm having fun learning. I can read and read all I want about it, but it never clicks until I start doing. That happens with knitting too. Once it clicks, it clicks forever.

I got some yarn today from the Mind's Eye Yarns sock club:

IMG_5986

The colors match one of ZMrK's Ben Sherman shirts. You know what I am going to do, right?

IMG_5988
IMG_5987
IMG_5989

Meanwhile, remember the nesting ball I bought at NH Sheep and Wool?

This is what it looks like today:

IMG_5996
IMG_5997

I don't know if the elements made it fuzzy, or if the birds have been picking off it, but it's still cool when you take a macro shot of the insides:
IMG_5999

Meanwhile, ZMrK just says "eff you!" to blorange cats:

IMG_6000

She's been laying some real stinkbombs in the cat box lately! I guess it wasn't just Zelia's tendency to not burying making the place stinky.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Poops said...

I saw those nesting balls at NHSWF. I didn't buy one, because that meant less wooly goodness for me. Birds, shmerds.

But, I have taken to hanging my bits of fluff and ends of roving and pieces that look particularly cat barfy out in the lilac bushes so that the critters might have at them.

Why must I love homespun so much? Why? It's so...COOL!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Your handspun looks great! I still don't know what the heck I'm doing when it comes to spinning either.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I love that stuff you are spinning - it is such a glorious colour!

7:29 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

That nesting ball is an interesting concept.

And squeeze your kitty for me. I'm so glad to know it's just not my idiot furbags that don't know how to bury a pooder.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your spinning's looking good. :)

3:29 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Your spinning is looking good! Lovely color, too.

I also like the nesting ball. Even if there weren't any birds, I think it makes a neat porch ornament.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Sssarahevt said...

Can your handspun and my handspun be boyfriend and girlfriend? Mine's named Fred. I think Fred would think yours is pretty sexy, and they have so much in common!

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home