ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sock Progress

I've had some time this weekend to knit. I already went through all of my photos and sorted them for potential photo albums/uploading. I need to clean, but I can clean later. Right now, I wanted to knit, and drink tea, and eat comfort foods.

Here's where I am on my sock:

IMG_5763

IMG_5762

I really love this yarn. I wore the last socks I made with yarn from Mind's Eye two days in a row (shhhhh!) This yarn gets softer everytime it's washed.

This weekend has been horrible. We both will suddenly start crying. I woke up at 6 a.m., lay in bed for a while, and then burst into tears. It just keeps happening, without warning. Either I'm thinking of Zelia and remembering really great times, or my mind wanders from her and suddenly snaps back, and I realize she is gone, and it feels like a punch in the gut. When one of us cries, the other does too, and we start talking about great things about her to cheer ourselves up.

We've also been letting our other pets cheer us up.

IMG_5765

I really did say, "Pssst! Hey! Solvie!" and she turned around.

IMG_5759

Solvie doesn't care for the cat bed I made. Never did. She especially hates when I put her in it and pick her up like a kitty taco (sorry, couldn't get a pic of that time time). Sunny is pretty indifferent.

I also forgot to post a picture of Solvie really lovin' on this bag of cat food:



I also made a video of her eating said cat food:



If you can take the whole minute, 8 seconds of it, you get to hear her yum-yum grunts at the end.

And, just for the cuteness overload of it, I'll post the video of Zelia making bread again. Just so we can hear her purring.



P.S. I had started a post from the New Hampshire Sheep and Wool Fest last week, but didn't get to finish it for obvious reasons. I finally finished it, but it defaulted to that day a few days ago. You can find it here.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

What needles are you using on your socks?

8:37 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

That's a very happy looking sock!

Solvie is adorable. Too bad she doesn't go for the kitty bed...

10:22 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

I was wondering the same thing as jo about the sock needles. They're very cheering!

And now I shall tag you for the Seven Random things meme.

Tag. You're it.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I love you socks!

3:30 AM  
Blogger Alma said...

Sweet, sweet Solvie.
And she has such fine food bowl manners.
(Mine are little pigs, grunting and splurting food all over.)
Lovely sock colours!
Lovely Zelia.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home