ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Yarn Cake. Mmmmmm. . . cake. . .

I'll just let the pictures do the talking.

IMG_5345

IMG_5346

IMG_5347

And this is how my swatch is knitting up:

IMG_5348

(Hint: if you click on the picture it will take you into Flickr. . . click on "all sizes" and choose what size you want to view the picture in. I recommend "original" to get the full extent of the beauty of it.)

I'll wait.

.

.

.

.

.

Have you gotten your fill of it? Are you saying, "Zanti, where DID you get that yarn and where can *I* get some???"

The last time you saw this yarn was shortly after I got it, when I posted some pr0norific yarn shots. It's from the Sock Club at Mind's Eye Yarns in Cambridge, MA. The bad news is that it is exclusive to Sock Club members for the time being. The good news is that Lucy may eventually make more batches once the Sock Club is over for the year. Lucy did give a detailed blog post on dyeing up this big skein of yarn for us. You should go and read it, and then you can buy some of her other yarns in her Etsy shop.

While I was outside being a yarnographer, I noticed sparrows gathering up bits of grass.

IMG_5349

They're making a nest!

IMG_5351

They're making a nest in our gutters!

IMG_5353

Someone has already made in nest! And pooped on the neighbor's window! :D

And someone else got a nice soak in the bathtub last night:

*warning: snake photo!*









IMG_5333

You can check out the rest of the bath time fun photos in my Flickr account.

7 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Gorgeous yarn! Are those gutters near you? I can't put hanging plants on my porch as birds nest in them!

Wow, cool snake photos!

11:55 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Nice swatch! It's made me realize, I'm such a loose knitter! ;D That yarn is soo shiny!

2:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for sparrows! I love song birds.

Pretty yarn too, it's swatching up nicely.

1:50 PM  
Blogger karmellah said...

Sunny is a homo

5:16 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I love that yarn. It would make a great Dong.


And it took me a second to realize that the snake was in the bathtub on purpose.

7:01 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Check out the sheen on that pr0n! Nice!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

The yarn is so lovely it almost makes me want to knit some socks.

Almost.

*says she of chronic SSS*

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home