ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Monday, April 30, 2007

I'm a Roving Lunatic!

Blame ZMrK for that pun!

We didn't get much sun yesterday, so I had to photograph all of my fiber purchases from Connecticut Sheep and Wool inside.

This is a nice self-portrait I took at the end. I call it "Yarn, A Cat, and a Girl".

IMG_5332

Here's a close up of that yarn. 300 yards of "Zephyr", merino/silk, in a gorgeous color called "Garnet". Purchased from "A Touch of Twist" (Pattersonville, NY).

IMG_5327

And from the same shop, 200 yards of "Alpaca Lite" in a gorgeous color called "Red Violet".

IMG_5325

I don't remember what vendor I bougth this from, but it's about 4 oz of Corridale roving.

IMG_5322
IMG_5323

8 oz. of 70% merino, 30% silk in color "red" from Criations of Hampden Hills Alpacas.

IMG_5319
IMG_5320

2.8 oz. blue angora. The photo does not do this fiber justice. The fact that the fabric I have it on is *white* and not *pink* should tell you something. Purchased from the Mad Hatter Woolery, who do not have a web page as far as I know. They're in Tolland, CT, though.

IMG_5317

2 oz. pure white angora top. Also purchased from the Mad Hatter Woolery.

IMG_5316

I don't know what the content of this is, but it's hot pink and it's soft and it was $1. There's probably 2 oz. Maybe I can spin it with the white angora.

IMG_5312

Alpaca!!!! Don't you want to just dive right in? 4 oz. natural light brown alpaca purchased from Palmer Family Farm of Tolland, CT. I don't think they have a web site, but if you google them you can find contact info.

IMG_5309
IMG_5310

4 oz. merino/tencel in color "Dusk" from The Sheep Shed @ Mountain View Farm of New Boston, NH. They're going to be at the NH Sheep and Wool Fest, so maybe I should use this to see if I like it.

IMG_5306
IMG_5307
IMG_5308

4 oz. merino/tencel in color "Sunrise", from The Sheep Shed @ Mountain View Farm. ZMrK went off, allegedly "to the bathroom", and bought this for me while I was waiting to buy something else. You know, I would still love him just as much as I do now even if he wasn't such an enabler. But I love how he enables me.

IMG_5304
IMG_5305

If 50s horror comics weren't so expensive, I'd enable him too.

Now, I'll leave you with a video I made on Saturday, of a sheepdog trial.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

hehe, i like your first pic. i think you should photoshop it so it looks like a drawing or painting or something... someday it could be in a museum!

9:23 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Loookit aaall the preeettyy fiiiberrr... I am mesmerized by the Sunrise, that. is. gorgeous! Now see, we'll have to just be friends, 'cuz how do you give up a man who scores you that! ;)

3:40 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I love how your cat looks as if he is smiling. I'm agog with all that roving - it all looks so soft and pretty - I can't wait to see what you make of it.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Ooo...I just want to squish (lovingly of course) that sweet little kitty!
What a haul!!!

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the fibers. Will you be going to NHSW next weekend?

10:12 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Holy roving Batman. What are you going to spin me? ;) haha. The shine on that merino/silk yarn is blinding! What a haul!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Gorgeous fibers there!! Wow!

Cute pic of you and kitty! :)

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home