ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I read your blog today!

And yours, and yours, and yours, too!

Okay, so maybe I exaggerate, but there was a point today at work that I was sooooooo effing board and just did not want to do the little boring menial tasks (i.e., preparing files to be closed) that I could have been doing that I started reading blogs and looking at the webpages of the upcoming Sheep and Wool Festivals to see which vendors will be there.

Because I need more yarn.

I really need to get knitting so I can make space in my yarn hutch for purchases I will undoubtedly make at the Sheep and Wool Fests. It's not all about brownies with whipped-peanut-butter frosting, you know. But, oh! those brownies are so good! (They're from Rolling in the Dough, who is a vendor at the NH Sheep and Wool. When I get one, I'll take a picture before it is devoured so y'all can see what I'm talking about.)

So. . . I did get some knitting done this week. I finished a pair of socks!!!

IMG_5021

IMG_5022

IMG_5024

Isn't it cute how Zelia gets into every picture?

The yarn is from Mind's Eye Yarns, and is one of the Sock Club offerings (first, in fact). The yarn I posted about the other day is also from Mind's Eye, as was the yarn I blogged about last month. These aren't available to the general public, but Lucy does have an Etsy shop of her hand-dyed yarns, if you're interested. The yarns are a superwash merino/tencel blend, for those who were wondering (Necia). It's a very fine yarn; I used size 1 dpns for these socks. It split a little while I was knitting but I was giving it quite a workout. I used one of the 12-stitch patterns from Sensational Knitted Socks.

I didn't think I'd like the socks when I was knitting them, because I really effed up a couple of times, but it turns out that I love them. They fit almost too perfectly, if there is such a thing. They need to be worked on and off. The yarn knits up pretty soft and will probably only get softer with washing. The color variation is so subtle, and the yarn has a nice sheen to it.

I'm about to go and eat dinner and watch America's Next Top Model. Boy, that Renee sure is a See You Next Tuesday, isn't she?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

I can't wait until I get my copy of SKS - I've seen so many great sock patterns attributed to it.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice socks!! I bet you'll have a blast at the Sheep and Wool Fests!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Lick My Sticks said...

What a coincidence! I read your blog today!

I'm hoping to make MSAW this year. I've never been...and I reeeeaaally want to go.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Closeouts are best done on days when attys are absent or on vacation anyway ;-)

Nice socks! And you'd better post pics of that brownie you speak of!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

I've been researching the sheep and wool festivals too. But now that I know about the peanut-butter frosting brownies...the NH show is definitely on my list!

10:29 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Gorgeous socks! Whipped peanut butter frosting? I'm intrigued... and have a sudden craving for Jif...

2:06 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

Did I mention that I live about ten minutes from the Rolling in the Dough lady, and that you can buy her stuff at our local convenience store down the street?

Yep, it's true.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home