ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Monday, March 12, 2007

Progress!!!

Remember the lonely, empty hutch in my dining room?

Well, it's not lonely anymore!

IMG_4975

(I know, I know. . . some of those have to come out of shopping bags and into clear ziploc bags for viewing. ZMrK already told me that!)

I did that while ZMrK was making some shelves for our library. We can't attach them to the wall, so he is making a free-standing shelving unit.

I have more pictures of our place, if you care:

IMG_4976

The stained glass window in the living room. I love that it is purple, white and green.

Piles of boxes in the bedroom:

IMG_4977

I'm sure others can relate!

IMG_4978

The kitchen, with half of the chairs there. That little nook beyond the chairs is where the fridge lives. I like that.

IMG_4979

This is the view from the back porch. It doesn't look like much now, being the end of winter, but I bet in the summer it will be gawgeous!! Yeah, there's a closeline which will be covered with drying skeins of hand-dyed yarn. There's also a picnic table, which I hope to utilize as well (grilled corn, anyone?).

IMG_4981

Here I am, holding up some groovy vintage fabric that I've held on to forever. Last year I thought about making a bedspread with it. It may be nice. I have shitloads of vintage fabric that I bought off eBay nearly 10 years ago, when I decided I was going to sew lots. I still have most of it untouched.

I'm going to post some SP8 goodies and yarn pr0n under separate entry.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Oh I love that hutch! Great place for your yarn! Neat window and I love that fabric you're holding!

12:35 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Hey cool! I got a cool stained glass window outta my move too!

Cosmic!

12:10 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Dig the new place! Lots of great woodwork and Craftsman-like details. And really, how could you not love a built-in made just for yarn? :D

Ooo, I love that fabric! Vintage is the best!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

If it makes you feel any better, I have an assload of vintage fabric in a box in the basement waiting for either crafty inspiration or a tornado to strike.

I love your new place - and you deserve it.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

That hutch is beautiful! And so is the stained glass! Purple is one of my favorite colors!

I can so relate to tons of boxes everywhere!!!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Bufanditas said...

I too have three bins full of fabric, but unlike yours, mine is only three years old. At the rate I'm going though, it looks like it will be labeled vintage some day. :(

9:25 AM  
Blogger SuzannaBanana said...

I LOVE that window. So pretty!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home