ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Monday, February 12, 2007

Birthday and VD pressies!

So . . . today is my birthday.

ZMrK, my stepdaugther KBH, and I celebrated yesterday with dinner at Border Cafe and cake. I've been getting loads of pressies: KBH gave me scrumptious Burt's Bees lotion and some earrings handmade by a friend of hers from old records and beads. ZMrK gave me a lovely loose tea pot, some yummy tea, the One-Skein Wonders book and this:

IMG_4864

I had remarked that I would love to have a portrait of my "ancestor" like there often is in old Hammer or Roger Corman films. ZMrK took that idea and ran with it, with the help of the artist Stephen Blickenstaff. I love the addition of the tuxedo cat.

I also came home from work to a lovely VD present from knitmonkey on the knittyboard:

IMG_4880

Check it out: Altoids gum (I love Altoids!)and some cool skull stitch markers that came in a little Pacheco (sp?) pouch, and some Green & Black Organics Hot Cocoa that came in a Chinese takeaway box.

Thank you, knitmonkey!!

Thank you, ZMrK and KBH for giving me such an awesome birthday!!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Happy Birthday!! I love the painting! Too cool. Yay for you VD package. :D

7:12 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Happy Birthday! I love the painting, it's fabulous! Looks exactly like you!

And that's a great VD package. Yay for VD!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

That painting is BRILLIANT! I'm so jealous!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Happy Birthday! I love the painting - that is such a neat idea :)

8:31 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I have something I was going to mail you - send me your addy, eh?

Disclaimer: It's not nearly as cool as the portrait. That's like the most kickass thing I've ever seen. How you don't explode into a giant mushroom cloud of coolness is beyond me.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh my word, that painting ROCKS! (I might have to steal that idea!)

And VD on your birthday! Woo hoo!!!!! Go Knitmonkey!

9:00 PM  
Blogger xamonster said...

Happy birthday, Zanti! What a rockin' painting.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love that portrait! Happy Birthday!

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
Bet you never thought you'd be happy about getting VD on your BD!
Yarnit

11:12 PM  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Happy birthday!!

12:23 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

And oh, holy mother of all that is envy, I want one of those paintings!

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday :)

The painting of you is great!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home