ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Friday, February 02, 2007

Cats and Creepy Cards

I just posted a couple of videos to YouTube of the kitties!!

This is Solvie drinking from the bathroom sink. It's her new favorite obsession:



This is Zelia making bread on my lap while I'm wearing my big fleecy bathrobe:



I got my first birthday card today, even though my birthday isn't for 10 days. A few years ago I had to have a few crowns put in, so I got approved for a special credit card just for that so I wouldn't have to pay the few grand all at once. That's who sent me the card. The first creepy part is the envelope and the "writing" on the card are printed in a font that is made to look like handwriting, but came off a computer. I really hate that. But the creepiest part of all is what is "written" inside. It's a regular Hallmark card, with the added on "writing" personalized to me. This is what it says:

"Happy Birthday! It's great that you're part of the [creditor's name withheld] family, and we look forward to being there for you down the road.

If you have any questions about being part of the [creditor's name withheld] family, call us toll-free at [phone number withheld]."

Does anyone else find it creepy that some institution I paid money to a few years ago is sending me personalized birthday cards? That they have my birthday in their database? That they are telling me I am part of their family? I think I'm gonna have nightmares tonight that they are messing with my teeth while I sleep, just so I have to get more crowns so I have to "come back" to them.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

What cute kitties! Happy early birthday.

The first birthday card I got last year came from the president of a store I shop at a lot!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Kitties! I knew there was a reason I stalk this blog! : )

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes the bday card from an financial institution is weird. What are they thinking? If we show some love maybe she'll rack up thousands in debt?

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home