ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Should I Add "Fiber Artist" to my Resume??

Here are some pictures of a really cute needle felted birdie that I made last Monday:

IMG_4625IMG_4624IMG_4623IMG_4622IMG_4626

I had purchased the Backyard Birds kit from Black Sheep Designs at the NH Sheep and Wool Fest during the super-soaker weekend in May. Everyone in New Hampshire should remember that one; it was also Mothers' Day weekend and the weather really sucked ass. But the NH Sheep and Wool Fest was spectacular, and I cannot wait for this year's!!!

So, it took me awhile to needle felt. I really like it. It's pretty fast (at least, compared to knitting and sewing), and I only stuck myself lightly with the super-sharp felting needles a couple of times. There are three more birds in the kit, and I'll probably have leftovers to do my own little projects (whatever those may be).

I also took some time out to manhandle the cats:

IMG_4627

I'm such a loving mama.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! That is too cute! Do the cats love their "special" attention? :)

3:02 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh.My.God. That is the cutest stinkin' bird I think I've ever seen!

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too cute! love the birds... have the kitties attacked them yet?

6:31 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

The mere fact that you exist in this world makes me happy.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home