ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

First FO of 2007!!!!

Here are my socks, my socks, my first finished object of 2007!!!!

IMG_4610

Side view:

IMG_4612

Yarn: Skeintily Clad colorway "The Greener Side" (she currently has some available in her Etsy shop)

Needles: Size 3 and 2 Clover bamboo

Plain and simple pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks

Started: December 28, 2006
Finished: January 6, 2007

This yarn feels awesome. It's so soft that it reminds me of Malabrigo, which means that I'm certain it's going to pill like a mofo.

I've also been referring to these as my "green anole socks", because the colorway is a few shades of green, with some white and the tiniest bit of blue thrown in, much like a green anole. Around the house, I've also called them "Borden socks" because ZMrK had a green anole named Borden (and one named Lizzy, but Lizzy didn't live very long). The minute I saw this yarn at the Bazaar Bizaree, I know I had to have it.

What would I do differently next time? I'd probably buy two skeins and make them over-the-knee socks! (I have plenty left over from the one 270-yard skein, which should come in handy if and when I need to make repairs).

Did you see the little yarn cake in between my feet?

IMG_4611

I just wound up the yarn that was the first of Lucy's sock club at Mind's Eye Yarns. This particular colorway won't be available to the general public for a while, but she also has an Etsy shop.

I think I'm going to try something fancy with this yarn.

11 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Beutiful socks! I love the colors. So springy!

11:50 AM  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Pretty socks! Pretty yarn!!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Very "Springy" looking! They turned out really nice! Look comfy too! :)

4:02 PM  
Blogger DeltaDawn said...

Now those are some socks! They'd make me smile every time I looked at my feet! They look very, very soft. And that yarn cake is lurvely - what colors.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice socks :)
I almost bought that sock yarn at Bizarre Bazaar. I love what you did with it.

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy, yummy!!!! Oh, I love those to pieces!

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those came out awesome!! bravo!

i hope they don't pill too much. Please let me know if they do, i'm always looking for long-term feedback on these yarns. May i put a link to this post in my customer gallery?

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very comfy-looking. I love greens, I'm obsessed with greens, I don't know why.

Lucy has a sock club? Oh no, there goes my financial stability!

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous green colourway (and socks!)

1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that color! I decided socks it will be!

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came over from Jenn's blog -- your socks just look like spring!! Congratulations on finishing them.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home