ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Sunday, December 10, 2006

We Made Soap!!!!

ZMrK and I made some soap this afternoon. We used a goat's milk soap base, and added scent and color.

soap4

The above picture shows the true colors of the soap. The soaps in the foreground (Victorian Roses) are striped lilac and peach. I scented these with almond honey scent, and they came out quite strong.

ZMrK made the turtle and frog soaps in the back. He colored them with lime green and scented them with orange. They are not as strong as the almond honey soap.

Here's some detail:

soap3

I had to take the flash off in order to get good macro shots. Too bad; because the below soap has some really nice purple marbling in it.

soap1

Here's a detail of the frog and turtle soaps:

soap2

We'll be making more of this in the future! My next step will be to add oatmeal and spices to the soaps (to make them even tastier smelling!)

6 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

Those came out great! I can almost smell them through the screen!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

Fabulous! Goat's milk soap feels sooooo good, and those are beautiful! I'm to lazy to mold -- you've made quite an art of it. :-)

7:25 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Yummy! Nice job!

5:59 PM  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

The frogs and turtles are v. cute!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Goats milk, oatmeal and spice..mmm...now I'm getting hungry!

Those turned out great!

5:01 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Wow! Those look good enough to eat! My mama always told me to wash my mouth out with soap...

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home