ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Weekends were made for. . .

certainly not Michaloeb! Did I even spell that right? I don't even know if I've ever tasted the stuff; but I did have a can of Schaeffer recently (traded a Miller High Life for it; don't ask).

This is how I kicked off my weekend:

IMG_4330

I think y'all know the gentleman in the glasses (no, it's neither Buddy Holly nor Elvis Costello!). I'm sure a few of you are familiar with Mr. Charles Shaw, who for the low price of $2.99 at my local Trader Joe's, supplies me with Merlot, Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon (I'm not one to drink white wines).

The CD is this excellent collection of Japanese female-vocal pop from the 70s. It's on the Ultra-Vybe label, which has a lot of great-sounding (but pricey) Japanese comps available at Dusty Groove. Oh, and if you're interested in jazz, soul, groove, international soundtracks, and other stuff that the chain stores don't carry, Dusty Groove is the place to get 'em. Not everything is expensive like the Japanese comps, and they have vinyl too!

The DVD, Jigoku (Japanese for "Hell"), was a long time coming. We had seen a few parts of it at a friend's house back in 2003, when it wasn't available in this country. We did get a (cough, cough) copy on eBay that stopped playing about 45 minutes into it. Criterion finally released it this year, and it was worth the wait. It's trippy as all get out.

The other fun thing was ordering food from Thailand Cafe, which we always thought was called "Authentic Thai Cuisine" because that's what their menus say. We refer to them as "ATC". Yum.

The one thing I forgot to put into my pic was my knitting!!! Odessa Part III is on the needles right now, using the shades-of-purple-and-blue yarn I bought back in May at the New Hampshire Sheep and Wool Fest. I'm making it sans beads, because it's busy enough as it is. I'm about 12 rounds into the pattern, and maybe I'll be able to make matching mittens.

Other than that, it was hangin' with LL:

ell ell

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Gotta love Two Buck Chuck (the wine)! NOt a big fan of Thai though. It's too spicy for me. That LL COol J shirt reminds me of my aunt. She loved him! I remember seeing LL tapes in her car! LOL Remember tapes?! Now the only place you see them is some gas stations. Glad you had a fun Friday night!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

mmm....Authentic Thai Food! All I've ever had is that cheap knock off Wannabe Thai Food. ;-)

I'm a little disturbed by the length of ZantiMisterKnit's tongue...from the nose down he could be Gene Simmons!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

One day, we'll just have to hang out. You are so cool! : )

8:28 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I wish I lived in your 'hood--Friday nights are much cooler at your house!

I've got to check out that Japanese CD--I lived there during the 80's--I can still remember some of the pop songs..."come my darling to my seaside fantasy.."

1:04 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Can I just mention, in case I haven't lately, that you are the coolest person I've never met?

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home