ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Sunday, November 26, 2006

All This and Knitting Too!

Here is a Christmas present down: The Fetching gloves from Summer 2006 Knitty!

fetching 1

fetching 2

Specifics:
Pattern: See above link
Yarn: Nashua Handknits Creative Focus Worsted (75% Wool, 25% Alpaca), Color # CFW3686 Carolina Blue. I used a little less than half a 220 yard skein
Needles: Size 5 aluminum dpns. I do not recommend aluminum dpns for this pattern. The yarn is really slippery on them and it was a pain.

It took me approximately a week to make these. It's a Christmas present for one of the attorneys I work for -- she is always freezing in her office, so I hope she can wear these when she types. I've seen her wear this color successfully and have seen her wear fuzzy-looking things (like angora), so I don't think wool is a problem. Hopefully I'm right!

I'm already making my second set of these, for another Christmas present, using Rowan CashSoft. Look for a photo of them soon!

I am also thinking of using the cabled cuffs on a pair of mittens for myself, to match my coat. I got a new coat this year and am eager to match things to it.

I've also got some yarn pr0n:

yarn 1

yarn 2

yarn 3

This is the first installment of the Sock Club yarn from Mind's Eye Yarns. If you're not a member, you can't get it for at least a year. However, if you'd like some of Lucy's amazing hand-dyed sock yarn, she does have an etsy shop. She's a great person, so definitely check out her yarn!

Finally, I would like to give a progress report on Solvie. I have not received the toxioplasmosis test results yet, but she seems to be doing quite well on the antibiotic cocktail we've been giving her. She hates it, of course, and every day her struggles are stronger, and she no longer spends her days sleeping under the bed. She waits on the kitchen floor, probably for another mouse to come along for her to snack on. We think she got one on Friday, and horfed it down before we could figure out if she did or not. The next time I could see her, she was licking her lips. I don't know if she swallows them without chewing them or what, but she gets them down quicker than the snake does.

It's not like we're not feeding her. She has dry cat food out all day, and gets 1/2 pouch of Eukanuba twice a day:

solvie eating 4

solvie eating 3

She even got some Thanksgiving leftovers:

solvie eating 2

solvie eating

Yes, those are peas. She always ate them when she was a kitten, but isn't as into them as she used to be. I think she ate a couple along with the turkey, however.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, look at that pretty pink tongue!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Those fetching are beautiful, lovely pictures, too.

10:28 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Yarn pr0n!!! Woo Hoo! Gorgeous stuff! The fetchings look great too. She'll love them. I wear mine all the time!

9:11 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Yarn pr0n!!! Woo Hoo! Gorgeous stuff! The fetchings look great too. She'll love them. I wear mine all the time!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice fetchings.
Lucy's yarn is always so pretty.

9:35 AM  
Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

The yarn colours are similar to the cat's coat colours. Both are beautiful

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a cat that eats peas too. I always thought she was the only one..lol

Found your blog and wanted to say hi

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home