ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, January 20, 2007

WIP Roundup

Is anything as sobering as pulling out all of your works in progress and taking pictures to be published for all to see?

What about doing the above and knowing that there are even more works in progress, stuffed in drawers and in the dark recesses of your parents' house?

Let's not talk about that.

Here they are.

The Knitting Version:

IMG_4656

Clockwise from top left:

Rock Star Scarf (from Knitty), started approximately July 2005. I had purchased the novelty yarn at JoAnn's and was dying to use it. I had no idea what Koiju was at the time (ya know, I still have never used it), and went to one of my LYSs, Mind's Eye Yarns, to find something that would work. I left with the beautiful pink hand-dyed sock yarn. I don't think I'll ever finish this. I think I may frog it and make some socks. I don't know what to do with the novelty yarn (which is cool, if not super 80s looking).

Felted purse from Pursenalities book. I *swear* I blogged about this as an almost-finished object, but I can't find the post. I had initially planned on making this for my sister, Nancy, for her birthday or Christmas, but it's not really her style, so I said fugetaboutit. It just needs *buttons* sewn on and the flap-thingie attached. I'll probably use it as a small-project knitting bag. The handles felted a little too short for it to be used as a purse.

Pair of socks, with the beautiful yarn from Lucy's sock club's 1st installment. I was trying to knit a certain lace pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks, but can't figure out how to do a YOP1 properly, and ended up with too few stitches on the needles. I also put it aside to make the next project, which is a little more timely.

Scarf for my dad. I started this on Monday, January 8th, and am making okay progress with it. I'm using Valley Farms yarn in Classic Navy, which I got from Webs, and knitting the basketweave stitch scarf pattern from Stitch n Bitch Nation.

Lace Camisole, from Vintage Knits. I started this around 4th of July, 2006. I'm about 3/4 done, I think, but it takes forever. Also, I heard that book is chock full of errors, so now I'm scared.

WIP, the Sewing Version:

IMG_4657

On the left are some t-shirt recons that I started from some of my t-shirts from New Orleans. My book is on my co-worker's desk, plus I won't be wearing it anytime soon.

On the right is a vintage dress that I started late last summer. I'm totally going to eff up that vintage pattern the longer I keep it pinned to the fabric. It take me forever to sew garments because I can't really do it while sitting on my ass watching T.V. Plus there is always the paranoia of it not fitting well, after all that work, and if you eff up a sewing project, that's it. You can't frog it and make something else.

Okay, that's my WIP roundup. I'm ashamed.

On another totally different note, did you know eyelashes look freaky if you macro on them?

eyelash

4 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

I love the colors in your Rock Star Scarf! You should finish it! The felted purse is adorable, and don't ya hate it when the pattern books are full of errors?! Doesn't anyone knit this stuff ahead of publication. My Berocco Marijke is in that category. It said to bind off neck stitches, then to pick up the live stitches on the neck. WTF! So, do I "unbindoff"? This is why it is a UFO.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewww...thanks for that last pic.

That's not too many wips. And a lot of them look to be pretty darn close to being done!c

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's not a bad amount of WIP's! Darn, I was hoping we helped you out with the sock! Sorry! The scarf is looking good! If you don't like the rock star one, socks sound good. Save that other yarn to top a felted bag or something! :)

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yech! Now I'm creeped out by my own eyelashes!

Loads of WIPs... that's what mine looked like until I got finishing fever. The week of the WIP shots, no less! Maybe it's contagious and you'll get it too?

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home