ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Sick Day Sock

I finished a sock yesterday while I was at home feeling like all kinds of ass.

IMG_4911

Does that black furry thing under my foot look familiar? Well, it should. It's Zelia the Wonder Kitty.

IMG_4912

It's only taken me about 1.5 months to finish this one sock. It's got a lacy pattern; that take more concentration than the ribbed socks I have made. Plus, I've been a little busier than usual, and wouldn't dare take this sock on a train to work on. Plus, I've also knit two hats and a scarf since I started this sock. So that's enough justification, right?

I don't feel like all kinds of ass today. I can actually breathe through my nose, am not sneezing nearly a much, and may be all cleared up soon. That's the beauty of staying home when you should; your colds go away so much more quickly. I can't believe I even debated it, but it was because I knew work was going to be busy yesterday. It's going to be busier on Monday, however, so I'd rather take the sick day now and be healthy-ish by Monday.

The apartment saga continues. Yup, we're still moving. We haven't secured a place yet, but we saw three places today, and they'd all be acceptable. There is one we liked the most, and are hoping to get. The landlady is a knitter! No brainer. We'll still check Craigslist daily for places to look at.

We've been going through our stuff, and have taken this as an opportunity to offload some of the crap we've been holding on to. We brought a bunch of books and videotapes to a thrift store today, and have some records and CDs to sell. Maybe I'll RAK some excess yarn and fabric to a few folks.

Solvie is still always starving.

IMG_4916

We ate at a sub/pizza joint today, and I got a turkey club. The turkey slices were packed on an inch thick. I only ate 1/2 the sandwich and some french fries, but took home the turkey for the kitties. When Solvie got a whiff of it, she was practically screaming for it. I have more to give her. Cats really like cold cut turkey.

(Oh, and at one point while viewing the apartment we liked, the landlady's dog started sniffing at my pocket. ZMrK didn't notice, but when I told him later he starting laughing.)

(I also starting laughing uncontrollably when I rolled up a thick wad of turkey and shoved it into the plastic bag that you get your fork/knife/napkin in at delis. It looked like a weird little taquita.)

I also deleted most of my myspace photos and made this the main photo:

IMG_4910

I'm really vain, aren't I? I just *love* that picture. I almost cried when ZMrK gave it to me.

Another reason why I'm vain: earlier today, I told ZMrK that, before I met him, I considered the perfect partner for me would be "me with a penis". Really, that is exactly what I got. Our personalities and likes/dislikes just mesh really well, but we have enough different interests that we learn a lot from each other. Bliss.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lick My Sticks said...

Moving sucks. I think I've already said that, but it bears repeating. Moving sucks.

I think all of my FO shots have one of my furry animals in it, however I haven't thought to use them as a display platform...good call.

And I've been knitting Jaywalkers for like, 5 months now...you don't need to justify!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Nice socks!

You know, that's exactly what my husband is, too: me with a penis. Perfect description, I'll have to remember that!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

I love your ancestor painting!!! Man, it's one of those things that you wish you were reincarnated as a fly on the wall so that when your great great grandson's cousin's half brother takes it to Antiques Roadshow 3000 to have it appraised you can listen to them talk about you and the artist!!!

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice socks :)
Hopefully you'll get the right apartment soon.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't going to post... just reading comments, but as my word verification letters are one letter shy of spelling "douche", I figured that I should.

I have a penis.

ZMrK

4:48 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

After the comment above, if we didn't know ZMrK was you with a penis, we do now. ;)

Hope you feel better soon! And hey, if I had a painting like that, I'd make freakin' business cards. ;)

2:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it there yet? Is it there yet?

:P

Your impatient SP

(Whose verification code has both dp, and pms in it.... Hmmm)

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home