ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, March 10, 2007

New Digs!

As many of you know, we are moving. I didn't go into details on my blog, but those on the knittyboard and some IRL friends have gotten the full scoop (Phil, I will email you the whole story, if you'd really like to know.). I'm over the initial drama of it, but we will have stories for years to come about this particular landlady.

Speaking of landlords, I had to go to the City of Boston's website when I heard that Mayor "Mumbles" Menino was posting the names of the top 20 trash fine violators, and lo and behold! One of my former landlords made the list!!! Go Paul!!!

I hit Craigslist and found us a really nice apartment within a week. We're not familiar with our new 'hood, but know three people who live there and love it. We're excited about exploring this neck o' the woods.

My lovely stepdaughter, Karmellah, took pictures when she helped us move some stuff in last week. Here they are:

front_hall

First impressions!! This is the front hallway. There's a huge closet to the right, to the left is the living room. The doorway straight ahead goes into the bedroom, and there is another door on the far side of the bedroom, leading to the hallway to the 2nd bedroom.

bedroom

This will be our bedroom. The futon is the "guest futon"; we're still sleeping on our bed at the current apartment. The ceiling fans are a nice addition; most of the rooms have them.

back_bedroom

The second bedroom will be the library. It's painted a really pale purple.

dining_room

This is the dining room, with a double-doorway looking into the living room. Notice the stained glass window in the living room! Classy! I love living/dining room combos.

hutch

This is the built-in hutch to the dining room. What do you think I've already unpacked into it? :-)

We still have lots of things to move over, and lots of cleaning/unpacking/arranging to do when we get there. I think it's going to be an awesome place to live.

Coming up next: Secret Pal pictures!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely find! Looks very Cambridge/Somerville, too ;) I've never found a good use for those hutches, but now I see the light.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great apartment :) I would love a built-in hutch. I'm a big fan of built-ins and classy woodwork. It will make good yarn storage ;)

6:06 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Very nice! It looks pretty old. I love the old places!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Ms. L said...

Excellent score! I love older buildings; I live in one designed by Frank Lloyd Wright's design firm.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Your new apartment looks great - I lived in a very similar one when I was in Cambridge. Glad you found the perfect use for that hutch!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home