ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Monday, March 12, 2007

Secret Pal 8!

I got a package from my secret pal last week.

What do you think this is?

IMG_4988

Or this?

IMG_4987

If you guessed Noro, you might be correct!

IMG_4986

It's Noro Silver Thaw. I forget what the colorway number is, and I don't have it with me. My lovely Secret Pal o Rama sent it to me from the Netherlands.

I never even knew this yarn existed!

It's an angora/wool/nylon blend (I think), and it is oh-so-soft. I have two skeins of it, so I'll have to figure out something nice to make with it. Hmmm...two skeins...

Here's most of what she sent me:

IMG_4985

The notebook is a cute little blank journal. The fabric cover is oh-so-me, down to the colors and the op-art-edness of it. There is also a little Dutch lady designed like a Russian nesting doll. I wonder what the background story is to it? There were also some yummy candies (which at at work) and a box of incredible good black tea (in the cupboard right now).

THANK YOU SECRET PAL O RAMA!

This wasn't from my Secret Pal; it is my souvenier yarn from the knittyboard yarn store crawl last Thursday night:

IMG_4983

It's Art Yarns Supermerino in a lovely blue colorway:

IMG_4984

As an aside, I just saw my Flickr folder of "Finished Objects 2007" and noticed there are only two photos in there. Wow. I'm really slacking, aren't I? I did make my dad a scarf (which I haven't given to him) and made ZMrK a great cabled hat (no pics of that yet), so I shouldn't feel so bad. I'm about 1/2 way done with the second in a pair of socks. Hopefully in a week or so I'll have another FO to post.

In the meantime, enjoy that pr0n.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Great yarn pr0n there!!

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Zanti!
Glad you like the things I got for you.
The Noro I bought because you said you liked jewel tones. (I snagged two for myself as well. Mmm, what to make of them? Mittens?)

I found the other things at this really cool designer store, and the little figurine is just a funky Dutch gadget. ;)
The notebook I got because I figured you'd dig the vintage kinda 60s Hawaiian look. I hope you can find a good use for it.
The Argentinian tea looked really sophisticated, but there's also a big hint in the name! (If you hadn't guessed already ;)
And as for the candy; well that was something Dutch and cool vintage looking.
It's all about the vintage baby..

Anyway, the gift I ordered for you has arrived, so I'm just about ready to send you your next package. I will do some more shopping for you next week, and send it off to Massachusetts!

Happy knitting!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pretty! Pr0n is a great way to start the day! I'm adding you to my blogroll, because I love the way you write...hope you don't mind!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

They have Noro in my local yarn store. I've not knit with it personally, but several people have been making projects with it in a clinic during my norweigan sweater class.

One woman just made a purse our of it and dressed it up with a bit of eyelash on the edge. It's very cute. Another choice is a mobius scarf (it's possible that I buthered the spelling). It would show off the yarn. Or perhaps a pair of mittens or a hat (which may or may not be wearable regularly depending on where you live).

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home