ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, March 31, 2007

New Yarn and Settling In

I'd like to show off the latest offering from the Mind's Eye Yarn Sock Club.

IMG_5008

IMG_5006

IMG_5005

Very nice and springy. I'm so behind on my knitting, but hopefully I'll get to knit this up soon.

I can't decide if I have a cold or if I got super-hit with seasonal allergies. I was believing it was allergies until last night, when my nose started to get raw from blowing it. I just took a hot bath with some herbal eucalyptus bath gel I got as a free sample from C.C. Bigelow, and that helped a little. I didn't want to be sick, but at this point, I hope it is a cold, because that means it will go away, unlike allergies. I would hate to feel like shit all spring.

The pets are settling in nicely. Zelia stays on the bed all day:

IMG_5004

Those flannel pjs with the butterflies on them are mine. Zelia sleeps there most of the day, which is no different than what she did at our old place. She is, after all, over 15 years old. I was hoping she'd find a warm sunny spot in one of the other rooms, but she likes the bed. She sleeps there at night, too, with us.

Solvie really digs the windows and all the birds flying by:

IMG_5002

IMG_5003

These are just the kitchen windows too. Wait until we have the windows in the front room open -- that's where the trees are that the birds live in. These kitties are going to go ballistic.

Okay, now I'll give those of y'all with a phobia fair warning and let you know I'm about to post snake pics.

Sunny is in our living room now, not upstairs by the computer. It's great being able to see her all the time, and every evening around 8 p.m. she starts to get warm and active (partially because she's nocturnal, and partially because she's near the radiator).

We don't have a sofa yet, but we made up one with our extra futon mattress and a few afghans. We let Sunny on the sofa the other night:

IMG_4999

I impressed myself here:

sunny2

Okay, so it's a fairly nice day and maybe I ought to get a move on. Well, it's only in the 40s, but it's sunny and Karmellah is on her way over. It would be nice if I ordered a pizza or something.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Great face-on angle there.
Hey, you want to send me Sunny for a weekend? She can hang out in my oven making friends with my mice. ;-)

3:52 PM  
Blogger adrienne said...

Ooooh, that yarn is nice!
I love the snake picture - I don't think I've ever seen a snake from that angle :)

8:40 PM  
Blogger Fiber-4-U said...

I never thought I'd say this, like EVER, but your snake is pretty. Is that a word you can use to describe a snake? Like swirly chocolate :)

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn is so shiny and sproingy looking. Does it have tencel or silk in it? The sheen is amazing. I love your snake. What kind is it? Boy or girl? How long? Sorry for all the q's.

necia

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home