ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

In case you are wondering. . .

I am alive and well. We've moved, and everyone seems to be pretty happy for it. Of course, the cats were freaked at first but I think they are settling in. It was nice out tonight so I opened a kitchen window for them so they could get a breeze and hear how many birds we have outside our house. Once they get a chance to sit in the window for a while, they'll be really happy.

I've taken pictures but I'm too lazy to get up, get the camera, upload the pictures, etc. etc. I do plan on flashing my stash this coming Sunday, so there will be pictures then, if not before.

My knitting, and my spinning, have been neglected. I resumed knitting on my sock, and hopefully will be done soon.

I still have to figure out my commute to work. Monday I was really early, today ten minutes late. Gotta find that happy medium. I think earlier will be better, because the later bus got caught up in lots of traffic. The bus coming home has been interesting. On Friday, the bus nearly got into an accident when someone in a car cut off the bus driver, causing a couple of passengers to go flying. Nobody was badly hurt, however. Tonight there was no accident except for maybe in someone's pants. There was an old guy in the front of the bus with a trash bag filled with empty plastic bottles, the seats next to him were empty, and the WHOLE bus was all stunk up. Picture, if you will, the smell of a dozen ferrets in a cage that hadn't been cleaned in a month. Yeah, he had a bit of ferret-odor to him, but worse than that, he had a human poo odor too. At one point he shifted in his seat, and the smell got so bad I gave a little gag. He must've been shaking one out with that shift. I had to get off the bus. At least I was only 2 stops from home.

Oh, yeah, and the T station my bus brings me to is known for lots of little hoodlums hanging out. Joy. Oh well, the T station I get off for work has had two stabbings in the past months. That's life in the city, I guess.

Where I live seems to be really nice and reasonably safe. It's considered a neighborhood of Boston, but it feels more like a suburb. You get here either by train + bus or by commuter rail (or drive, obviously). I'm looking forward to visiting the Arnold Arboreteum for the first time ever this spring.

So, boring post today. Maybe tomorrow I'll have something better to post about.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Ah the bus. I swear I could write a book about the people I've met on the bus. And those people weren't even from a big city!
Glad to hear you're settling in!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Ms. L said...

I'm glad to hear you're all settled in. My trip out to your parts was cool, apart from a wallet loss for the boyfriend. Still, we got to wander all about the Back Bay and Cambridge.

1:06 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Soon it'll be like you (and the kitties) have lived there forever). :)

Just your description of the smell made me gag a little!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

The scary part is, I know exactly which stations you're talking about (T-wise, not bus-wise). I was at South Station one day, and this unfortunate security lady was trying to talk this elderly gentleman into putting his pants back on. He'd started taking them off right at the exit to track 7, in the middle of rush hour.

The Arnold Arboretum is beautiful. We used to work with their library, and being able to walk through the arboretum to get there was a definite perk.

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You moved across the river?!

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home