ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Thursday, May 17, 2007

NH Sheep and Wool Fest Goodies

Last Saturday, we went to the NH Sheep and Wool Fest with my mom and my stepdaughter.

We saw lots of cute sheep like these:

IMG_5611

I think that one looks a little like a wooly kangaroo, don't you?

And this one looks like s/he is mocking me:

IMG_5622

These two just look like they're in lurve:

IMG_5620

This one looks like he loves me, yeah yeah yeah:

IMG_5626

And this one had a purple handprint on its butt:

IMG_5610

My mom had a fascinating conversation with a sheep:

IMG_5606

He kept interrupting her. Reminds me of a bit on "The Vicar of Dibley", now that I think about it. "The Interrupting Sheep".

We saw little guys getting sheared:

IMG_5599

And we saw alpacas too!

IMG_5636

IMG_5655

Don't these ones look like a 60s rock band?

IMG_5656

Gratuitously fuzzy alpaca butt shot:

IMG_5654

And then there was an adorable 2 week old piglet named Daisy:

IMG_5642
IMG_5651
IMG_5639
IMG_5649

This pictures do not even come close to portraying how cute she is. (Hint: clicking on the photo will take you into Flickr, where you can choose "all sizes" and then "large" to see these photos large. That comes a little closer to portraying the cuteness. I don't want to post large photos here, because it could freeze up people's computers, and I don't want anyone pissed off at me. Especially people with pointy sticks.)

I added these to my Sheep and Wool Fests 2007 set, so go see the others!

Now for the fiber. . .

IMG_5682
IMG_5681
IMG_5680

My only yarn purchases were two skeins of sport weight "Hand-Dyed by Ingrid" from Ward Brook Farm in New Hampshire (no website I know of). I used some of her yarn last year for my Mom's Odessa hat and gloves for Xmas. I was really impressed by it, and decided to get some more. Plus, it's pretty cheap.

So, now, what's this?

IMG_5685

Two ounces of hand painted cashmere & tussah silk top from Foxfire Fibers & Designs.

It is sooooooooooooooooooo soft.

IMG_5687
IMG_5686

It's so gorgeous, I'm almost afraid to spin it.

ZMrK bought me this:

IMG_5689

7.5 oz. of merino wool in pink, black and white. I have to figure out how to spin this to make the most of the color contrast.

IMG_5690

Yup, it's soft.

IMG_5692

The bag doesn't have any info on it, but I think it was from Ewe & I Farm.

ZMrK and I split the cost of this:

IMG_5674

It's a nesting ball, with fiber for the local birds to use. It shows some evidence of being tugged on, and I hope that's because birds have been using it.

This is what it looks like on the porch:

IMG_5678

The window that looks out to it is right in front of me right now, and I keep seeing someone flying back and forth. I'm not sure if the bird is going to our porch gutter or to the nesting ball, but we have lots of sparrows living in the trees outside.

Someone watched me the whole time I was outside taking these pictures:

IMG_5676

I love the way her whiskers are poking through the screen.

The final bit of pr0n was from the same vendor as the nesting ball, Riverslea Farm. ZMrK bought it behind my back while I was talking to someone (either my mom, Karm, or Lena. . . ). It's . . . .

IMG_5683

Alpaca and wool blend, about 4 oz of it!

IMG_5684

I love how it looks like turtle cheesecake.

The only thing I bought that I don't have photos of was some alpaca socks for ZMrK. Oh, we got some brownie from Rolling in the Dough, but they didn't have the peanut butter frosted ones and they didn't hold a candle to the ones last year.

So, honestly, I held back this year. My yarn hutch is overloaded, and I have to make some space. We have Mass Sheep and Wool coming up, but then it will be it for the sheep and wool fests for me until Rhinebeck.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger 3goodrats said...

Zanti, I can't help but notice that your ratio of yarn/wool purchases to finished projects suggests a very very large stash! I'm just sayin'... :)

4:21 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

First of all, anyone who watches the Vicar of Dibley is okay by me. The Interrupting Sheep is my daughter's new favorite joke.

I bought some merino/silk that I was afraid to spin too, but it turns out that it is so soft and easy to work with...I may never go back! It's sooooo nice!

Nice little haul there!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home