ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Sunday, July 08, 2007

2 years and over five feet of garter stitch. . .

. . . that's what it took to finish this scarf!

IMG_6473

The pattern is Rock Star from the Fall 2002 Knitty. The pink yarn is lovely solid color sock yarn from a LYS, Mind's Eye Yarns. The novelty yarn is JoAnn's Sensations Castaway yarn. I used size 3 straight Clover Bamboo needles. I started this in July 2005 and just finished it yesterday!

IMG_6474

I had several fits of "frog or finish" on this. It was just so bloody boring! It also wasn't always a movie-watching knit because the Castaway yarn is so wispy and loopy that I had to look while knitting. I'll wear this often, but I won't knit it again unless my mommy really wants one. Naw, I'd just give her mine.

The only thing more boring than knitting it is weaving in the ends. Look at what I ended up with:

IMG_6420

So, the only other thing I have on the needles is my lace camisole from Vintage Knits, and that's turning into a "frog or finish?" knit. I started that in July 2006, so I have another year to decide. . .

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Nice scarf, I know you're glad to be done with it!! Yikes, if I ever finish a sweater, it'll be 2 yrs too!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I remember that scarf! As I recall it was on teeny tiny needles which didn't make it any easier... yay FO!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

That scarf looks great! I love the pattern, but the tiny needles have kept me from giving this a try.

And congratulations on working on some older WIPs. Getting something off the needles after such a long time is always a good feeling, even if there are thousands of ends to be woven in. That's a lot of ends right there.

3:01 PM  
Blogger 3goodrats said...

Weren't you working on this at South Station? Nice to see it finally finished. I made one of these too, and I think I'm still traumatized by the weaving in of ends. Yours looks lovely!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Lime Street said...

Congratulations on finishing a vintage WIP! You deserve some sort of award for weaving in all of those ends.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Ok, you're coming with me the next time I get my hair cut. I'll kidnap you if I have to.

You have the cutest 'do.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home