ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Monday, August 13, 2007

Thank you

Thank you to everyone for your comments and kind thoughts. I've tried to respond individually where possible, but blogger comments usually don't have emails.

Yesterday afternoon we took a long walk by Ponkapoag Pond, in the Randolph/Canton segment of the Blue Hills. I have a few photos that I need to put up. It's a really beautiful, peaceful place, are we were able to get some much-needed physical exercise.

I also finished my sock last night and cast on for the second one.

I don't know what we would do right now without Ken. He and I just spent some time together. I started brushing him, and he crawled up on my lap and purred. I think he may be one of the "comforting" cats, like Zelia was.

I don't have much more to say. The comments here and on the knittyboard brought tears to my eyes. The only IRL person I've mentioned this to was my mom -- I just don't feel like having a two-way conversation with someone at work about this right now. After Zelia died, word got around the office and lots of people came over to offer their condolences. I appreciate it, and it was really nice, but every time it happened I would start crying again. I really want to wait until the rawness gets scabbed over a little before telling people.

An old friend just IMd me and I told him. So much for not telling people. Well, online is better than in person, right?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Love you.

- PK

6:54 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

When I was in high school, my mom had a canary that she just loved to pieces. One day I looked up where his cage hung and realized that he wasn't in it. I asked mom what happened to Sunny and she said that he had died a few days before, but she hadn't said anything to anyone. Sometimes it's easier to be alone with your grief for a while before you tell anyone about it.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Zanti, I know what you're going through now. Just yesterday I sent out the photo and poem for Thai Shan's grave marker. And spent lunch buying frames & mats for some pictures of my boy.

He went on the 6th, but I tear up every day. And it's not going to stop soon. (But we ARE getting kittens in November...when they're big enough to leave cat-mom and come to me). My place is so empty now.

So hang in there, and give Ken a snuggle for me.

-Eileen (lindydiva from Knitty)

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home