ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Vogue Knitting Query

So, the 25th Anniversary Issue of Vogue Knitting is out.

I looked at it in the bookstore, decided there are no patterns I want to make in it, and I won't be buying it.

However. . . something did catch my eye. On the fourth or fifth "cover" (you know how there are several pages of "covers" to it), there is a model wearing some grey/silver/black sweater/dress and these boots. Would someone be willing to part with that cover? I have a friend who manages the John Fluevog store in Boston, and he wasn't aware that the shoes were in there, and I'm sure they would LOVE to see it.

*I also didn't check to see if there was a credit given to Fluevog for the boots. I didn't see any fashion credits -- are they typically in there?*

Oooh, I have questions and comments to answer.

Momma Monkey was the one who sent me the cat pendant! Thank you again, Momma Monkey!

Jo asked what kind of bug was in my post last week. Even though ZMrK answered in a comment, I don't know if she read it, so I'll answer it. Jo, I believe that's a katydid. In late August, they often make a clicking sound from the trees on hot nights. At least I think it's them.

Shiarah asks:

Is that the bamboo that was for sale by the bag? I have a bunch of it, but couldn't get it to bloom up when I washed it. Did you use super-hot water, by chance? Special soap? Voodoo? Or does it just like you better? :P


Yes, I bought it from the DiscountYarn place. I didn't use hot water, and I used Wool-Lite on it and hand-washed it. No Voodoo necessary, at least none that I know of. :)

I'm lovin' all the Ken love. I'll have to post new pics whenever I get them, won't I?

Here's another:

IMG_6918

Thank you, everyone, for the anniversary congrats. We have a lovely, romantic night filled with take-out Thai food, cookies, bubble baths and cuddling. Not necessarily in that order.

7 Comments:

Blogger Trillian42 said...

A katydid! How did I miss that? :D

*pats cutie-pie Ken on the head*

9:58 PM  
Blogger Alma said...

On page 227 it does say "Boots by Fluevog". And they're gorgeous.
After a few days of getting used to VK quite a few of the patterns are starting to grow on me.
I think I was a bit overwhelmed at first by the amount of them - and by some of the colours.
You may want to give it a second chance.

Otherwise I'll happily send you the page.

And you and ZMrK look so beautiful together. It makes me happy.

3:48 AM  
Blogger darlene mcleod said...

Those boots are insanely awesome. Wow.

Animals that burrow are just so fun. It looks like Ken likes a good bed snuggle.

Happy anniversary, Zantis!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Thanks for answering the question :) I don't think I have ever seen a katydid before.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Those are some pretty cool boots!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

I want those boots.

OK, now that I got that out of my system... Ken looks adorable peering out from under the blankets. Cats and blankets, it doesn't get cuddlier.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

That's a super cute cat you've got there! ;) He looks really cozy in bed.

Every morning Sally wakes me up at o'dark thirty to get her breakfast. Then of course I have to shower & get ready for work. By the time I'm dressed & ready to go, she's back in bed all curled up & cozy. You know to rest for the next 4 hours from the exertion of eating breakfast. They have the life!!!!

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home