ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Seasonal Dye Job

While I wait for ZMrK to come back from buying more Wilton's so I can finish my current dyeing project, I'll share some seasonal stuff with you.

First off, my last dyeing project! A few weeks ago, my blogless friend Lisa came over and we dyed some yarn and fiber together. I decided to call this one-off colorway of sock yarn "October".

IMG_7647

IMG_7649

I used the same dye batch to dye some blue-faced leicester:

IMG_7651

IMG_7652

The inspiration for this dye job was the trees in October in the northeast. This year, they still retained much of their green-ness while changing to vibrant reds, yellows, and oranges.

IMG_7505

IMG_7506

IMG_7504

I'm hoping the sock yarn looks great knit up! I think it will. I'm not so sure how the fiber will look spun up, but I will hope for the best.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh yeah, you hit that color just right--very nice!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Very nice colorways! Look forward to seeing it knit/spun!

11:46 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Pretty!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Awesome colors for both the yarn and the roving. Some of my favorite color combos!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Wow! What great pictures!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Baashie said...

Absolutely beautiful! You really captured the colours and feel of the fall trees.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home