ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Seasonal Cupcakes!

Last weekend, ZMrK and I were expecting some friends over. (Yes! We have real-life friends!) We made some cupcakes with the idea of making little mummies (inspired by Martha Stewart, but we went with the decidedly un-Martha-esque Betty Crocker cake mix and buttercream frosting).

IMG_7670

Towards the end, it was decided to put green food coloring into the frosting to make a bunch of Creature from the Black Lagoon cupcakes:

IMG_7671

We made 24 in all.

IMG_7667

They were delicious.

IMG_7674

I also was inspired enough to draw an old Halloween decoration.

IMG_7666

I used watercolor pencils and pen and ink. I'm really rusty in the drawing department, but I took my time and did a decent job. I usually rush myself because I'm really impatient.

I got a couple of good photos in my 'hood recently. It was about 7:20 in the morning, and I had gotten out of the house early so I could take a walk and get some pictures. These were taken at the top of a hill not far from my house:

IMG_7683

IMG_7681

I really like how the photos are a little out of focus. I don't know if that's because of the early morning light, or because my camera was about to break. Oh yeah, my camera is at Best Buy because it shit the bed and there was still a year left on the warranty. They're going to try to fix it. If they can't, I just might get a new camera.

IMG_7682

I hope you've been enjoying the photos, because you may not see any for a little while.

12 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

The green ones kind of look like Oscar the grouch..but that could just be the mommy in me talking ;-)

Beautiful pictures!

5:57 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Those cupcakes are awesome!

Hope they can fix your camera!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I love the cupcakes! :D So cute!

And those photographs are great - very beautiful.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I love the cupcakes! I will definitely have to keep those in mind for next year.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Georgiann said...

Great cupcakes -- can't wait to try that next Halloween.
And thanks for the beautiful fall pictures.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes look awesomely gooky.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Yum, cupcakes! I like both colors. Spooky and zombie-like without being gross, which is sometimes hard to do. There were instructions for making an incredibly realistic-looking heart cake in a white chocolate rib cage, and it was just freaking gross.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ACTUALLY (sorry) the camera has only 2 months left of warrenty, so it's timing of a breakdown was exemplary! If only I could time my own so well!!

ZMrK

4:00 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Ok, I'm totally coming over to bake cupcakes with you.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Eryn said...

I'm going to steal your idea and make those cupcakes with my monsters - and we won't wait for next Halloween :P

8:53 AM  
Blogger Sssarahevt said...

The cupcakes are friggin awesome! And I agree with Bezzie, the green looks totally like Oscar!

12:05 PM  
Blogger CountryMouse said...

Love the photos - glad you are happy in your new neighbourhood - The tree just shows how beautiful autumn is.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home