ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Finished Objects: Foliage Hat and Feather and Fan Scarf

Remember how, the other day, I promised some finished objects? Well, here they are!!

IMG_7758
This is the Foliage hat from knitty.com, and my Feather and Fan scarf from Wendy Knits.


IMG_7759
I was saying, "you wanna see my THIGHS?" in this pic.

IMG_7761

Gratuitous Ken shot.

Both patterns are awesome. I think Foliage is the first time I have knit a pattern from Knitty in the current issue, and kudos to Emilee to writing up such a fun pattern. It was an excuse to use the Citrus Malabrigo that has been sitting in my stash for two years, waiting for the perfect pattern. I knit this up in a weekend, mostly because I could not put down the Malabrigo. That stuff is crack for your fingers.

I had a few problems with the k2togs, and I don't think the pattern came out 100% the way it was supposed to, but it feels so awesome on my head that I don't care.

If you have a fear of feather and fan, get over it now. I always thought it was way harder than it is. Get yourself some soft Noro and do it! I used Noro Silver Thaw for mine, about 200 grams (I had two 50g skeins from Nederlass and purhcased a 100g skein from Webs). I'm sure Silk Garden or that nice cashmere blend stuff Mind's Eye Yarns is carrying would work as well (I want to say it's Cashmere Island).

Speaking of gratuitous Ken shots, it's been a while, so I have to make it up to you.

IMG_7774

He had his paw on my fingers here, gazing lovingly at me.


IMG_7775

Even though it looks painful, his claws weren't going through the skin. He really needs to have his claws trimmed though, but I don't know if he'll let us do it. Have I ever mentioned how strong he is? When he went to the vet and had a kidney infection, the doc told ZMrK, "Okay, I'm gonna show you how to pill a cat". He had the pill in his hand and tried to get it into Ken's mouth, when Ken's front leg shot out, smacked his hand away and sent the pill flying. Doc then said, "Let's try liquid!"

My boy is a bruiser!

He also likes to do a quick attack on the backs of my legs and run away. It doesn't hurt but it gets my attention.

He likes to play with yarn too:

IMG_7784

I think the white arcs show the motion of his claws while he attacked the yarn! Is that cool or what?

IMG_7800

Washing himself, because it is cute.

IMG_7814

ZMrK caught him in mid-yawn!!!! He has such a huge mouth!

Let's get a closer look:

IMG_7814001

(note to self: take a look at those back teeth! they're yellow!)

IMG_7812

Here he is, sleeping. Again, because it's cute and reminds me of Zelia.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger KnitaSaur said...

Ooh it is all so pretty! I really like that scarf!
And what an adorable cat.

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute cat and cute hat.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

And they match beautifully ;) They are very nice - I especially like your Foliage hat.

10:36 PM  
Blogger 3goodrats said...

Both projects look great! I haven't even taken an action shot of my Foliage because it makes my head look like a big round grape.

Ken is so cute :)

10:54 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Awww, Ken looks like my kitty!

Awesome job & the scarf & hat - they look gorgeous!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Peri said...

Lovely knitting. Adore the colours on the scarf.

Cute kitty!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Ken is so cute!

5:50 PM  
Blogger kemtee said...

Gratuitous kitty shots! My day's complete now.

Foliage was great to knit. Almost instant satisfaction.

7:49 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Ken's such a cutie! But clip, and clip often. get him used to it. Even if it's only one at a time. Just do it. Calvin's a PITA to clip but I let him know who's boss. ;)

Cool hat! Love mmmmmmalabrigo! But that Noro scarf is outstanding!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Lovely FOs! Both look so warm, which you need around here, at least every other day... when it's not in the 60's.

Ken is such a cutie. He is so big and fuzzy, but I can tell he's not a weak kitty. Merlin can kick your hand away like it's nobody's business, and he's not even grown yet! Ken looks like he can keep you from doing pretty much anything he doesn't like.

1:53 PM  
Blogger CountryMouse said...

Ken - you are one gorgeous cat.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Bloomin' heck! That cat's got a huge gob!

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home