ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday's PlyDay!

Truth be told, I didn't ply today. I plyed yesterday, and Tuesday, and here is what I have:

IMG_8461

IMG_8459

It's Corriedale that I purchased at one of the Sheep and Wool Fests in 2007. Okay, I just checked and it was the Connecticut Sheep and Wool Fest, because here is the roving. It's scary how I can't remember where I bought what. That's the sign of purchasing too much stuff.

It's seriously scary when I have to go into the stash hutch now. Things just fall out onto my head. I'm really glad that I collect yarn and fiber and not bowling balls or I'd be concussed ALL THE TIME.

Back to spinning. I started this:

IMG_8522

But I was having some serious overtwisting problems so I had to take a break. But my plan is to do one bobbin of each of these, and then ply then together:

IMG_7634

I'm purposely doing it a bit thicker, because all my singles have been really thin. I'm also NOT spinning from the fold. It's time to branch out, even though spinning from the fold is so easy. I won't get a large amount of yarn from this project, but I'm really eager to try it out.

Did I tell you my birthday was last week? February 12, the day I went to the doctor and found out I had sinusitis and bronchitis. That wiped me out for the week. But I haven't told you what ZMrK gave me. Behold:

IMG_8525

IMG_8526

Yup, two skeins of sport weight Buffalo Gold bison fiber! I was going to buy some at one of the Sheep and Wool Fests this spring and let that be my big purchase there, but he beat me to it! He also gave me a gift certificate to WEBS, AND he's taking me to the Everglades for a long weekend. JOY!

My MIL sent me the new book, Kitty Knits. There's some really great projects in it; in fact, I'd probably knit most of them. I think the first project will be the felted placemat, and ZMrK agrees with me. Our kittehs are messy eaters.

But they sure like to groom:

IMG_8462

IMG_8464

IMG_8473

How fucking CUTE are my baybehs? Usually the grooming session ends when Ken jumps on Ellie and starts biting her, and then Wild Kingdom starts. I need to get that on video sometime for y'all. It's pretty funny. I'm lucky ZMrK was home today to get this action.

Oh, and Miss Ellie had a "wellness exam" by our vet (even though she was checked out at the shelter, we like our vet to look at 'em too) and she weighs over ten pounds! I thought that little piglet had gained weight, and I was right! She is quite a little ham though (pun intended):

IMG_8486

IMG_8480

IMG_8508

Ken won't let himself be outdone, though. He just does it quietly and with class.

IMG_8513

Well, it's Friday night, it's snowing out like mad, ZMrK is baking up a yummy eggplant dish, and now that I'm finally off my antibiotics I can drink again! WEEEEEEE!!!!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Addiopolis said...

Those kittehs are just too much. They truly own the place. Looks like they've worked things out between themselves finally. Good luck with the spinning and good luck thinking of something wonderful to make with your buffalo gold.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Criosa said...

oh, a belated happy birthday!

love that last shot of Ken!

do you know what your purple fibers are? because I might just have to run back to my fiber source and see if she has it. love the colors (especially the left one) - I have a weakness for purple though...

(why do they call the anti-spam 'word verification'? what sort of word is nmwruaw?)

10:31 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

You have the cutest kitties!

Happy Birthday!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Happy Birthday!

Gorgeous spinning (I STILL haven't plied anything), and the kitties? Oh, they're so cute together now! See, no biting, no growling, happy grooming sessions and snuggles. Now, Ken doesn't know what he did with his days before he got his little fuzzy friend.

8:29 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

First of all - HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!

Secondly, those pics are too freakin cute for words but my favorite is that last shot of Ken. Such a great shot. Very pretty.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Nice plying! And cat-make-out pictures! So cute!!!!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Eryn said...

Love those kitties! I can't get a good cat picture to save my life...

Zombies, Everglades, and Buffalo Gold? I think that's a keeper. Happy birthday!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

wow - those kitties are too cute for words! Makes me want to get another kitty, but I'm sure Sally would murder it as soon as it set foot in the house. she's a tiny bit territorial. ;)

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home