ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Octopus!!!!

IMG_9001

I made a cute amigurumi octopus recently!

Ellie likes it.

IMG_9005

She likes the camera too.

IMG_9002

This little guy is from Amigurumi World: Super Cute Crochet by Ana Paula Rimoli. I used some leftover Lion Brand Cotton Ease from one of ZMrK's hats and a size F crochet hook. It took about a week to crochet.

I'm not sure what was more time-consuming -- embroidering that mouth or sewing on each little leg. Speaking of legs, he's nice and round with these spindly little legs that we always call "Babe Ruth Legs". I couldn't find any photos of Babe Ruth that showcased his large stomach/skinny legs, but here's a photo of Ken that comes close:

IMG_6792

Other craft news: I'm almost done with Poseidon. I had a problem with the edging on the 2nd sock. I was trying to use the instructions that would make it mirror the one I've finished already, but I keep knitting it so the wrong side shows, so I'm just going to use the instructions for the 1st sock and not have them mirror each other. I've put that aside for now and have started on a hooded t-shirt pattern that I got for free at WEBS. I'm using ArtYarns Serenade, which is cotton/angora. It's good, mindless knitting for when I don't want to pay too much attention. Plus, I wanted something to wear to the spring Sheep and Wool Fests.

I picked up a stack of vintage knitting magazines today at an indoor yard sale that was advertised on Craigslist as a "knitter's yard sale". Mmmmmm. There are some groovy-assed 60s Spinnerins and some early 60s Vogue Knitting books. I also got some Columbia-Minerva and Bernat books, and some Red Heart Super Saver (for afghans) for 50 cents a skein. Can't beat it!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

So cute, both the octopus and the kitties. They look so cuddly!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

I love the 'pus! I dig your mad applique skills on his cheeks too!

Man, I wish I could find a yard sale so promising!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Macoco said...

The octopus is excellent! And all I could think when I saw the octopus and kitty in the same frame is...octopussy. Aaah good ole James Bond.

It sounds like you scored some great stuff at the yard sale!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home