ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

NH Sheep and Wool Fest!

We went to the NH Sheep and Wool Fest on May 10. ZMrK and I picked up my mom and met my blogless, non-knitting but fiber loving friend Lena up there for lots of fiber fun!

I'm just gonna go straight to the purchases.

IMG_9312

30% Alpaca/70% Corriedale -- 4 oz in a burnt orange and brown colorway. I purchased this from A Touch of Twist.

IMG_9305

IMG_9306

The red and blue go together. These are little 2 oz balls of roving that I purchased from Ward Brook Farm. They're just called "Dyed by Ingrid!". Ingrid is Ingrid Bird, of Ward Brook Farm, who is also one of the organized of the NH Sheep and Wool Fest. There was always something about her that I really like, and my mom helped me to pinpoint it: she looks a bit like my grandma Aurora (Dad's mom). I've had good luck with her hand-dyed yarn in the past -- the colors are always really nice, the yarn is soft, and nothing runs. Plus it's cheap.


IMG_9308

IMG_9310

Again, the yellow and blue go together. These are 3.5 oz each of Lemon Yellow and Baby Blue from A Home Spun Yarn. I'm pretty sure it's merino; it's something really soft. Yes, I bought them because they are the colors of the Swedish flag. After seeing Ingrid/Aurora, I was feeling lots of Sverige pride.

I also got 3 skeins of Zephyr merino/silk laceweight from A Touch of Twist, but seem to have not taken a photo of it! Weird!

ETA: here it is!
IMG_9314

I've been on a big yellow kick lately -- I almost purchased a yellow patent leather jacket from Lord & Taylor but decided not to spend big money on yellow, in the event I hate it by June. I don't hate it yet!

We also saw lots of cute animals. ZMrK wasn't feeling well, so he went to the car to snooze a bit, so Ma, Lena and I walked around and saw lots of cute stuff.

IMG_9260

Baby lambs!!!

IMG_9267

They weren't feeling well. Someone had given them FOUR bottles of milk, which they of course drank all of. That milk was supposed to last all day.

You can see the hangover in this little one's face:

IMG_9267_2

Alpaca with an Alfalfa haircut!

IMG_9271

IMG_9268

IMG_9281

I love seeing the needle felting displays. I thought this kangaroo and joey was very impressive.

IMG_9288

I also remembered to take some yarn pr0n in some of the booths. These are from Decadent Fibers:

IMG_9295

IMG_9294

Someday I'll buy some of their ultra-thick, wavy stuff, but I have no idea what to make with it. It's always so soft and pretty.

IMG_9293

These are from Ellen's Half Pint Farm. You know how they have those $150 skeins of merino (it's like 800-900 yards or something)? Yeah, I photographed those.

IMG_9291

IMG_9290

And here's something we don't even see in Boston in May:


IMG_9296

A pile of SNOW covered with dirt!! Lena had told me about it, and she pointed it out when we walked by it. I think she said NH got about 102 inches of snow this past winter.

IMG_9297

We also saw this adorable little lamb being led around on a leash. I believe his name is "Pippin".

That's it for NH Sheep and Wool! I'm going to try to get a MA Sheep and Wool post up soon as well.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Nice Pr0n! And hey, if you do decide you hate yellow come June, lemme know and I'll take that laceweight off your hands. ;)

7:31 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Hahaha! I thought I was the only one to take a pic of that dirt covered snow pile!

Yummy pr0n!

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home