ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

WIPpin' out some FOs

I love that the title of this post could potentially confuse someone who does not have knitting is his/her life.

I finally have a post that proves that I don't just buy fibery things, I use said fibery to make other things. Lovely (I hope), useful things.

Here's a thing!

IMG_9543

IMG_9544

This is my progress on Branching Out. I started this back in September, and haven't worked on it much since, um, well. I guess it's been a while. I don't remember when I had last worked on this, but I managed to do 20 rows Tuesday evening while I was zonked on Vicodin. Not bad, eh?

How's this for progress?

May 18:

IMG_9387

May 22:

IMG_9404

(Note the "Frogged" pint glass I got on Ravelry, along with one that says, "Ripped". It contains this month's beer obsession, Magic Hat Lucky Kat.)

May 27:

IMG_9542

Weeee!!!

These are just plain n boring top down socks. I wanted a project to work on while I commute, and they fit the bill. The yarn is the KnitPicks Bare that I dyed in September. I love how the colors knit up.

I had to start a small commuting project, because the one I was working on was getting too large to take with me on my way to work.

May 18:

IMG_9385

May 27:

IMG_9548

Finished! I told you there would be a finished object!

I was totally zonked out on Vicodin when these pics were taken. You can really tell in this one:

IMG_9549

Either that or I'm a really colorful unibomber.

I checked my notebook (because I did keep track of this stuff at one time), and I started this around April 2. It took me a little under 2 months to knit this sweater. At one point (beginning of May) I was afraid I wouldn't have enough yarn, so I went searching for more. I found it at a place in Arkansas for $4/skein, and ordered two, what the heck. If you keep track of weather news, you know that Arkansas has had a wild ride in the past month, so it took a while for the yarn to get to me. I think I got it the day after I finished! I still have half a ball left from my project. I have 2.5 balls of Artyarns Serenade (cotton/angora) for whatever project I can find. I'm not sure if I should just use it all up now, while the little green and blue rabbit hairs are all over my couch, or if I should wait until we vaccuum the couch. What would you do?

Oh, yeah, I mentioned that I got a cheap drop spindle at MA Sheep and Wool. I started spinning some stuff on it the other day.

IMG_9547

That's the "Dyed by Ingrid" blue stuff I got at NH Sheep and Wool. It's a small amount, so I thought it would be nice for spindling. Spinning with a spindle is easy and hard at the same time. I already know the basics, and it's easy to get it going, but then all of a sudden I start to lose my mojo, the stuff doesn't spin enough, and the whole thing falls to the floor. That's when I move on to something. It takes 10-20 minutes to get to that point.

I'm really hoping that my progress on Branching Out has given me some lace mojo. I'm enjoying it, but I have a looooong way to go on that pattern, and lots of other lace projects in mind.

I'm also hoping that I'm back to regular blogging about stuff other than cat bites.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

That sock yarn is knitting up so prettily! It's wonderful when handdyes work out well, eh?

And the sweater is really cute! Love the fit on you. =)

9:28 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

The "colorful unibomber" theory makes me laugh! The sweater looks fab though. The ripped/frogged pints are seriously my new favorite things! They make me do dishes just so I can drink more beer out of them... :)

10:18 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

I like the way your toenails match your socks!

7:21 AM  
Blogger 3goodrats said...

Your sweater looks great!

I love your Branching Out too - I'm working on a lace scarf myself now and hoping I have the fortitude to finish it.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Lick My Sticks said...

Damn- why must you show me your beautiful Branching Out and remind me that I've had one wasting away on my needles for like, 2 years? Damn you!

By the way I'm jealous that you get to use your Rav pint glasses for their intended purpose. First thing I'm doing when I drop this bay-bay is having a nice tall glass of beer with my pint glasses!

11:10 PM  
Blogger SuzannaBanana said...

Adorable sweater! You don't look a thing like the Unabomber. :)

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home