ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Friday, September 19, 2008

Oh yeah, forgot an FO the other day!

I forgot I had finished these socks a couple of weeks ago:

100_0642


Also, I'm really surprised by people's shock at the length of my Branching Out scarf. The pattern reads:

FINISHED MEASUREMENTS

Silky Wool Version (green scarf): 7 inches wide, 59 inches long (after blocking)
Douceur et Soie Version (pink scarf): 7 inches wide, 78 inches long (after blocking)


Of course, the 72 inches I got was before blocking; who knows how long it is now (I haven't measured!). I did have to move stuff around in the back room in order to stretch it out!

I wore the scarf today, all wrapped around my neck all lovelry and chic. Of course, nobody at work has noticed. Pfft! Of course, people notice my hair color change two months after I've changed it, you know?

It might be better if nobody notices. Yesterday a co-worker asked me what my "plans" for hats were this year. Um, plans? What are these. . . plans? It turns out she was at some County Fair and her daughter tried on some alpaca hats but they were too small for her. I've remained noncommittal. Same co-worker told me last year that I should sell my stuff, and p'shawed me when I mentioned that I could't, due to copyright. Don't get me wrong; I like her. I just don't want to turn my hobby into a New Way to Stress Me Out. I already have a 37.5-hour work week, and I really don't need to added headaches that would come with the extra income.

I promise you guys this, though: I won't go and start a thread on Ravelry about the subject. ;)

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Very fall-y socks. And it's actually getting nippy! Hooray!

6:05 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Start out by telling her how much the yarn costs. And then tell her that doesn't even begin to cover the labor of making it. Then see if she's still interested.

Love the socks! Very 70s shag carpet colors. LOVE THEM!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some sexy, citrus-ey feet!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Two whole socks. Wow. That's my goal in life.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home