ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Yard Work

For all those folks in other climates who romanticize crisp autumn days in New England, I give you this:

2+ hours labor raking and bagging leaves
1 torn leaf bag
1 pissed-off husband due to the torn leaf bag
4 overflowing bags of leaves, plus 1 3/4 bag overflowing with leaves
1/2 mouse (the top half) found in the back yard while racking said leaves (damn cats)
2 sore shoulders
1 sore butt

and, finally,

approximately 5 or 6 more bags' worth of leaves in the back yard that we do NOT have bags for.

At least it (1) got me out of the house for a while and (2) probably burned some calories. But I am sure as shit going to feel this one tomorrow.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mag said...

I feel for you, especially your butt. ;-) But, no illusions here, we have to rake up yard crap year round. Especially after an extreme heat spell in summer when the leaves fall from heat exhaustion and trees and bushes give up the ghost. If one has a pool, then it is a constant crap fest from the local pigeons or other birds. We've had more than one dead pigeon to clean up.
I don't think I will tell you about the scorpions and black widows.

I still miss a really cool autumn.

4:24 PM  
Blogger 3goodrats said...

Which is why I don't understand this whole "raking leaves" phenomenon. Why can't they just be left on the ground? I just leave them there to go back into the earth and complete nature's cycle....

4:51 PM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Ha ha, you need to hire a 7 year old with a snow shovel. I'm all about leaving them there as mulch and playthings for the boy!!

5:20 PM  
Blogger pigbook1 said...

Your new best friend:
http://www.google.com/search?q=lawn+sweeper

While you will still need to bag all of the leaves, the raking and such will be replaced with walking (or riding on a lawnmower in my case)
Seriously what should take my husband and me all day to complete took 1 hour this year

11:56 AM  
Blogger K said...

I understand. (hugs)
We raked a ton for the past 3 weekends!
~derStricker (Kara)

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home