ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Sunday, December 21, 2008

SNOW!!!

It's been snowing here since Friday afternoon. It may have stopped for a few minutes.

This is what our house looked like yesterday morning:



That big piece of shit snow drift on the roof is still there. When it comes down, it's gonna take out our bird feeder.

Our desktop is in the hospital, getting a virus cleaned up while hopefully our photos and other work (like the latest draft of ZMrK's book) can be salvaged. So, I'm using the laptop, which I'm not used to AT ALL. Such a tiny little keyboard!

We've been inside all day. We had to go out yesterday to get my hair cut, and then ZMrK went to the post office/to get lunch/to get beer. Then he had to go out again to bring the hard drive in to be checked out by the Geek Squad. But today, we're indoors. Thankfully the landlord takes care of snow removal, and a couple of teenagers came by to shovel the walk and stairs. Yes, I offered them hot cocoa/coffee but they declined.

I should get more photos while the shit it still there. It's stuck to the trees and there has been barely any movement out there. I think it'll be there a while though.

This is what I have to say:

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

*snicker! You made me laugh out loud with that second pic. All we have had down here in DE is frozen rain. I wouldn't mind some snow.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Finally the sun is out today. 52 hours of snow is, uhm, just a tad tiresome.

Our bird feeder is always popular when it snows. I hope that avalanche doesn't take any local fauna out when it comes down. That thing is mammoth!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Corrina said...

But I'm so jealous. Lordy I miss snow. Hell I miss the concept of more than 2 seasons. All we get here is Hades (summer) and January (bearable).

10:48 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

We had freak snow in Las Vegas last week. The really freaky thing is a lot of it is still here and not melted.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

You have to admit the snow is beautiful. I miss it because here I also only get two seasons... cold and wet, and lukewarm and wet.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home