ZantiMissKnit

YO! ZMK Knits!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mittens!

I finished my Noro mittens this past weekend. ZMrK was kind enough to model them for me:

100_1996

I think that is one of the coolest FO shots, ever.

I had a dream on Sunday night that I changed my Facebook status to read that "I probably shouldn't sit on my butt all weekend. I'm turning into a human jello shot." I need to get on a good exercise schedule again, and keep it up over the weekends. I weighed myself at the gym tonight: 160 lbs. That's A LOT for a 5'3" gal, big boobs or no big boobs. The good news is that my gym workout tonight was the 2nd bit of cardio so far this week (the first was a 30-min walk from the train station to my dentist's office yesterday -- I got off the train a few stops early). I also did 30 minutes of Pilates/Bellydance yesterday.

I know that I feel much better when I exercise. I'm not just talking mentally, but physically I have less ailments. It's just sometimes easier to sit on my butt, drink tea, and knit while watching a DVD on a cold winter day.

I don't have any solid weight goals, or a time line. I just want to be healthy, and not gain anymore weight.

Have you noticed that I haven't even mentioned last year's New Year's resolutions and goals, and whether I met them? *whistles* I haven't even looked at the post!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A lovely FO shot indeed!

*grabs blue guitar and runs away*

12:16 AM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Totally one of the coolest FO shots ever. Love those mittens!

I struggle regularly with the "I feel better when I move my butt but it's so easy to just stay on the couch" thing. I wish I could figure out how to get past it consistently.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Bitchin' mittens!!

I'm with you. I can't wait to get back to work actually and back to my Newark walks at lunch. I kinda miss my cast of crazy characters I encounter on that walk.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Great

...FO/model/photographer/shot.

Nice job!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

That's an awesome FO shot! Love the mittens, love the guitar action.

I know what you mean about exercise and feeling better. It's so cold, my arthritis is coming back (I thought it was gone for good), but I've been walking to/from the train station twice a day this entire week, and I think I'll get back in shape eventually. It feels so good to be able to do stuff.

8:22 PM  
Blogger suse-the-slow-knitta said...

I'm so glad my son plays bass cos if I knit these he won't steal them..

fab work, ole gel!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home